Twin turbo factory

Question about pro max head, I wanted the beehive valve springs, do I order without springs ,and order later to match cam lift. 600 hp 5500 to 6000 rpm build

I didn’t order pro max head yet , my daughter will set up a pay pal or account for me this week end. Now will long 4.91. Valves that come with head be long enough to work with say aSchneider 142f 240/240 cam 112 LSA. Will be turboed

Now will long 4.91. Valves that come with head be long enough to work with say aSchneider 142f 240/240 cam 112 LSA. Will be turboed
The Schneider 142F solid lifter cam only has .498" valve lift with a 1.6 ratio rocker arm after you subtract the .014" valve lash.
If you want to use the Harland Sharp 1.75 ratio roller rocker arms, the valve lift will be .546" which is still no problem with the Promax valves.

I’m looking for a cam similar to one used in the Newcomer turbo Jeep it had power 2000 rpm’s to 6000 rpm’s , I will however follow your advice

I’m looking for a cam similar to one used in the Newcomer turbo Jeep it had power 2000 rpm’s to 6000 rpm’s , I will however follow your advice
The Newcomer turbo engine's cam will not work the same in the 300 six without their custom intake and exhaust system.
If you are looking at a turbocharger response from 3000 to 6000 rpm in a 300 six, the .050" cam duration will be in the 230s.

With the CNC ported 300 head only flowing about what a stock 4.0 HO head does, and 50 CFM less than a 2.0" valve ported one, it may be best to work with a cam grinder to optimize your combo.

In a sand race, do you need power below 4000 rpm?

What are the engine and power train rules for your class?

Yes,on the power
In a sand race, do you need power below 4000 rpm?

What are the engine and power train rules for your class?
yes, I need power below 4000rm. Most come off the line at 4500 to 6000 rpm’s I came off the line at 1800 rpm’s ,as recommended by Coan who made my converter, very few could beat me in 60 ft times, that was with a big block. There is two different types of racing #1. Laser timed tire size and motor, that is a single race vehicle #2. Engine size and mods plus. And weight of vehicle. That is side by side racing. The laser timed single racer is usually at county fairs, they only have room for one track , and only have one event per year.

Last edited:
Are you allowed to use a transbrake so you can spool up the turbocharger before you launch?

One of my sponsors and motor mind ran a short 141 in.dragster NHRA gas class,basically sbc 406 trans. brake,at test and tune I would drive it so he could straighten out 4link suspension wow I loved it, half track with front suspension 2feet off the track. Motor mostly titanium, if you know what I mean.

I don’t believe that Il6 300 could do that I was assuming you had to use its toque to get it out of the hole. But I really don’t know for sure

I don’t believe that Il6 300 could do that I was assuming you had to use its toque to get it out of the hole. But I really don’t know for sure
"Pullin 300" just finished a naturally aspirated 300 six for pulling a sled on a 400 ft track.
The old cam made torque and power too low in the rpm range and as soon as the sled loaded the engine, the engine wasn't even close to peak torque and the engine would quit.

Now with the new cam, peak torque is at 3600 pm and the truck will set you back in the seat starting at 3200 rpm.
As the sled starts to pull the engine down from 6000 rpm, it comes into peak torque and the truck continues to pull instead of dying.
Your cam will have a similar power band and you will need a converter that stalls at 3000 rpm.

The ability to build launch boost on the line is determined by throttle and rpm.
At the line you put the transbrake on, put the accelerator pedal to the floor and let the 2nd stage rev limiter on the MSD box hold the rpm at the converter stall rpm. You should be able to build at least 8 lbs of boost to launch with.
When it comes time to launch you release the transbrake and hold on!

Last edited:
I do like the sound of that , release the brake and hold on. Troy had a button on the steering wheel. Slide you thumb off and hang on

The light depends on class Christmas tree for lower classes. Pro light upper classes Pro light ,2staging lights and either 4sec. Or 5 second delay to go light. I run the pro light

The Pro light doesn’t give you much time to build launch boost.
You will need to use a “Bump Box” to control the transbrake.
You roll into the first staging light and set the transbrake.
Then you put your foot to the floor to build boost letting the 2nd stage rev limiter hold the rpm against the torque converters stall rpm.
Then you use the bump button to bump into the second staging light while keeping your foot to the floor and prepare to launch by releasing the transbrake.

You set the controls on the bump box to determine how far the vehicle moves each time you hit the bump button.

Last edited:
Back