200ci Ignition cylinder

This applies only to 200ci
Bought new set (doors and ign) from Toms. My old key falls out while driving. Doors went well but Ignition will not move to accessory position to remove. I’ve tried everything short of breaking the fragile old key off. Starts and runs with old key but dang, now I need two to open doors and have a brand new ign cylinder. Any ideas out there.

Try turning the key to the left and tap the back of the key lightly with a small hammer. Kinda like a 'bump key' lock pick. Sounds like there is an internal failure for the key to fall out in the run position. Other than that, grab a drill.
I have managed to pick and remove an ignition cylinder I didn't have a key for with a tension rod and a rake pick.

The old key may be worn too much to push the tumblers up while turning in that direction. Picking the lock is easy if you have an idea of what you are doing. What might also work is to get a copy made of your old key and it might work because of the new sharp edges. Or just drill the pin.

here's ur comany's explination:
didn't follow it, dont C da vid~
dont they have a big thin flat 'nut' that goes all around to tighten to dash? Cant U just spin that counter clock wise?
Once out may B U can wrk the thmbler out of the center?

Last edited:
Falcons have a bezel that is a twist lock with a spring on the back. It can be removed from the dash without removing the lock cylinder.

Back