All Small Six New member! Some questions about 200ci

This relates to all small sixes
Got a new cap and rotor. Cam lobes and fuel pump “foot” lubed. Been waiting on some extra set of hands…and everyone including myself has been busy.

Have a question:

Where can I install the analog water temp gauge probe? I have an oil pressure and temp gauge to use temporarily while running in until I fix the factory ones; and I found that the probe is too big for the hole in the back of the head where the electric one goes. Any thoughts? Got pretty much everything else ready, and hoping my first carb rebuild works well lol. It’s been a long journey and I just can’t wait to get it on the road finally.

my sensors (temp/oil for idiot light version) are on the side of the block, fore and aft of the coil mount. dunno if the gauge style blocks even have those holes.

Fit an external temp guage_Take out heater outlet from head and screw in temp sender /bulb.

Can see it corroded here under tstat housing.

Or can buy (on ebay etc) radiator hose adapters that if you cut and shorten top hose allow a temp sender to be installed... usually the threads are sized for electric temp sender units.may find one for a mechanical temp gauge bulb - or tap it out

Don't forget to earth it. (Electric only ! )And Wont read until after tstat opens.. but after running a while will be ok

Attachments

• images (77).jpeg
    images (77).jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9
  • WT-1-scaled.jpg
    WT-1-scaled.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back