'63 Falcon Turbocharged....UPDATE...IT RUNS!

It's under the turbo. You can see the end of the adjuster bracket in one pic.

Yup! It's under the turbo as far away as possible! I extended the bracket about 4" to get it lower. Haven't burned it up yet after two days of driving!
Will

Alternators and electrons tend not to like heat from what i understand. So did he create any type of heat sheild from the trubo?

Does10s":1lhxdkbs said:
Yup! It's under the turbo as far away as possible! I extended the bracket about 4" to get it lower. Haven't burned it up yet after two days of driving!
Will
gonna do any heat wrap, or heat shielding?

We're going to Jet-Hot coat all of the piping so that should help a bunch. Might cover the alt. with a shield. But heat rises so I don't think much is needed. It's a pretty good distance away from the turbo. It's sitting just above the strut rod supports.
Will

Does10s, Inspirational work. I have a X-flow which I am turbocharging on propane, blow through intercooled. Its good to see pictures of others projects for ideas and motivation. Look forward to more posts from you.

Dom

Will, Further to your posting on April 7th:

"Looks like the next Test and tune that we could make is May 7th. So we'll probably do that one"

Have you gotten a chance to get some numbers on the car? I may have missed them somewhere in all the postings about your car though.

Thanks!

63Futura,
Yes there's a thread titled "'63 Falcon turbocharged - 1/4 mile times" in the "Hardcore Inline" index.
The best ET on the first time out was a 14.43@93. 7lbs of boost, 70% throttle open. (I limited it for motor break in and tuning)
We're going to make some more passes on June 12th at SIR. I'll update everyone on the progress. The goal for this next session will be to get it into the 13's.
Later,
Will

Will,
I had seen the 1/4 mile times that had been posted. What I was referring to was Test & Tune dyno that you mentioned that had been coming up around May 7th. Hp, torque and those kind of numbers. That's the kind of information I curious about.

Thanks again!

Oh yea! Didn't make that one. Had a wedding reheasal that night for some friends of ours. I'll keep you informed when we go again. Right now it looks like we can't get back to the track until June 12th.
Later,
Will

Back