Summit Turbo Kit

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021

I don't see the Promaxx CNC ported head or the Comp cam that was part of the original build mentioned as needed items to make this work.
They only mentioned that a ported, big valve EFI head was used.

The HEI distributor in this kit doesn't have boost retard or is set up to be controlled by the Sniper.
The distributor in the original build had boost retard.

They also didn't mention that the original build required at least 93 octane gasoline.

Last edited:
They need to recoup their sponsorship. The problems are yours to manage.

The build they just presented on the Chrysler 225 seems to fare much better. Both in hp per c.i. and repetitive results.

'good to see some aftermarket SIX' parts build rather than home-fab / one-off blower setup to encourage experimenting in Forced Induction.

the big block and small block six Fords' are smoothly compatible with mild F.I. build for reliable road car or upper end mods for all out performance.

perhaps initially over-built, the Ford sixes are resilient to the increased stresses with F.I., that quickly end most engines . My F.I. projects' provide an appreciation for the resiliency and the limits ...

MacInnes in his Turbo/SC bible says the inline six is the best suited for conversion to forced induction.

at local cruise my 'one-off' Vortech / 250 small block Mav/Com was questioned , checked out over and under by an enthusiast working on a early Valiant with a Turbo Slant Six ...

appreciated the mention the EP engine was from an Ag Sprayer ! . Fruit farm "Broadcast Sprayers" here were typically old Mopar Hemi or newer BB eqpt.

hav e fun

. .

Short block parts combo

Turbo parts combos

I find this quote from the above Summit link interesting.
The 72mm turbocharger in the video didn't make full boost until 4300 rpm and had a very narrow rpm range.
Not what I would call quick spooling.

Engine Power chose a Turbonetics turbocharger with a 72mm impeller wheel and a 68mm turbine wheel that provides a good balance of quick spool-up and efficiency at higher boost levels. Our Engine Power turbocharged Ford 300 CID inline six turbo parts combo includes a Turbonetics C15 TNX turbocharger with the same size impeller and turbine wheels; Special compressor housing porting allows the compressor wheel to operate at maximum efficiency across a broad rpm range.

Last edited:
Back