For Sale 1969 Ford E200 camper van

Pontus

Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Just gauging interest in potentially selling my project camper van. If you look at my posts, you can find my entire project thread and description of the vehicle along with pics. She's a beautiful van with no rust that came from Colorado and has never seen salt or ocean air. She was a barn find that I bought from the one who found it (here's a link to a video of the previous owner going through the van after purchase, it was a rolling museum of sorts). I've unfortunately not been able to finish it and will not be able to use it to it's full potential sadly.

She is currently in running condition with a new 1brrl Mike's carburetor, and the old 260 could easily be brought up to speed with the parts on hand without rebuilding since it only has 80k original mi on the clock. I also have ALL of the parts to build an extremely competent 300 with a freshly machined block and NEW head that I had the machinist do a valve job on (because Promaxx sucks at building heads apparently). I have Scorpion rockers, Hyper pistons, Howards torque cam, Offy intake, Edelbrock 500CFM carb, O2 sensors, full stainless dual exhaust, MSD ignition with Billy tuned distributor, McLeod clutch, the list goes on and on with all new parts to go with it.

I have gone through the entire suspension of the van and retrofitted Adco sway bars front and back, new coils, shocks, bearings, brakes, diff fluid, poly bushings, rebuilt steering box (manual), etc.. The front brakes were retrofitted to power with disc brakes with a modified Scarebird kit along with chevy 1ton calipers and only the best NEW calipers (steel pistons) and slotted rotors, not rebuilt. It also has brand new Pirelli AT tires including a brand new matching American Racing steel wheel for the spare. I've also upgraded the headlights to H4 bulbs with Hella Euro style reflectors.

It is 3 on the tree, and I have the original 3spd transmission, but have replaced it with a BW OD tranny with all of the proper relay and wiring along with an override switch (NOT a relay override, just moving the under-foot switch to the dash where it belongs without cutting ignition). I have gone through the steering column to fix the common shifting issues, and this one shifts like brand new and will never have a problem again because I WELDED the bracket on instead of a tiny spot braise like ford did. It really drives great all around, no body roll, brakes are great, etc.

This van project is ready to be finished and enjoyed, but life has happened, and I just can't deal with or use it anymore. Please do not lowball me here, I have well over $12k in this in parts and a good portion of my life and soul. But that's what I'm asking for it, $12,000 takes all. I will not sell it to just anyone, and have only listed it here.

She will easily drive home with all of the parts inside, but you'll have to baby the 260 to keep it from flooding out. It currently has an ebay special GM HEI distributor which I think the curve is messed up on, so it tends to sputter after half an hour of driving. A competent tuner will probably have no issues fixing it on the spot honestly. And the MSD ignition and recurved distributor will probably fix it too until you get the 300 going.

Last edited:
Back