Steel shim head gasket?

lorwood

Found the following part number at a nos parts website C9DZ-6051-A. It is listed as a head gasket for all ford 170 and 200 sixes. The performance handbook list a steel shim replacement gasket as part number C9DZ-6051-C. Anybody know the difference? Thanks Ed

Yep. The 170 and 144 use one head gasket, the 200 uses another. The 200 uses bigger pistons, so the gaskets are not interchangeable. The parts website is wrong.

Howdy Ed:

The gasket you referred to from the Handbook is the composite type FoMoCo replacement. The "A" suffix is a big question mark, but not an eliminator. It the seller can verify that the bore or inside diameter of each cylinder hole is 3.81" and is .037" thick it will work and it proves, once again, that with FoMoCo, never say "Never" or "Always". I'd sure be interested to know what this gasket is.

Let us know what you find.

Adios, David

CZLN6":b5740h2s said:
Howdy Ed:

The gasket you referred to from the Handbook is the composite type FoMoCo replacement. The "A" suffix is a big question mark, but not an eliminator. It the seller can verify that the bore or inside diameter of each cylinder hole is 3.81" and is .037" thick it will work and it proves, once again, that with FoMoCo, never say "Never" or "Always". I'd sure be interested to know what this gasket is.

Let us know what you find.

Adios, David
Hi David

I e mailed the seller and asked him to verify the gasket dimensions. Hopefully they will take the time to reply. If it turns out that this gasket is good to go I suppose we will be buying out their stock! (Now if my rebuilt head would only show up!)

Back