'63 Falcon Turbocharged....almost! UPDATE

Does10s

Famous Member
VIP
Here's a couple more pics of my wife's Falcon. Might still make it to the Knott's Berry Farm show!
Note: the intercooler is in the drivers side wheel well!
Later,
Will
icpiping2.jpg

icpiping.jpg

that is a veeery nice looking setup...engine compartment is very clean...engine is shiny...must get lotsa horsepower, hehe....is the intercooler pipe tackwelded???

Looks like a hammer handle in the back of the first shot (battery tray area). Does that mean it will really hammer? :roll:

Ya the IC piping is just tackwelded in the pics. The welding is all finished now.
I forgot to clean up my tools before I took the pic.
Anyway it's coming along pretty good. Hope to fire it up this weekend. Let me rephrase that....we HAVE to fire it up this weekend!
Thanks!
Will

Will, what kind of compression are you running, and how did you obtained it? I'm just asking because someone asked a similar question elsewhere in the forum.BTW looks great, those are some big pipes, you even put a BOV on it.....I would love the the expresion on WRX owners when you pull up to them and.....VROOOMMM...PSSSHHH.....VROOOM......PSHHHH... :LOL: :LOL:

Alex

great work, she looks mint!! cant wait to see it all sorted out, she should go well.

one thing, can i ask why you chose to mount the cooler under the frount guard??

is it because you wanted to remain stealth??

i am just concered that the massive length of cooler pipework may lead to pressure drop/ a laggy engine down low. as well as the fact the cooler may not receive enough cool air passing over it. Does the cooler have a thermo fan and/or a mist kit on it??

cheers.joe.

Joe,
The only reason that the IC is in the wheelwell is because of space up front of the radiator. (Or lack thereof actually!) I was able to drill a 4" hole and a 2.5" hole behind the grill, right next to the headlight that will provide most of the air to the IC. The rest will come from under the bumper. Should be plenty of air for a 300hp motor.
As for the length of piping, my turbo '86 Mustang with a 302 has much longer plumbing. The "lag" will be minimal. And with a 3500 stall converter....who cares! By the time the car starts to move, we'll be well into the boost!
Later,
Will

Looking at taht baby only makes me want to summer to get closer so i can start into my 300....ohh yeah..too much fun in the sun..and in the shop! 8) :D

does10s..

thanks for clearing that up.

CHAMPION EFFORTS!!

cheers.joe.

Back