223 Silent Lash Valvetrain

Excellent, I will be looking forward to how you like the new performance of the exhaust system then!

So here is the final installment on this thread.... The Carb (38/38 DGAS)/Clifford Intake/Customer Header/and true dual exhaust are installed and running! I have some cleanup to do before I take her out for a spin but she fired right up after fuel got to the carb. No re-jetting required which was nice. All carb settings (1/2 turn idle speed and 1 1/4 turn idle mixture screws) worked as they should. I just have some tweaking to do with the mixture/idle speed and timing. After reading alot of info on Weber carbs I found the 38/38 pulls 0 vacuum at idle, and the last carb (autolite 1100) pulled +8 over the static timing of +10 BTDC giving me a total of +18 BTDC. So I I feel the timing will probably have the most impact. Attached is a photo of the engine bay with everything hooked up and hopefully a video of her at idle and about 3,000 RPM. She wants to pull for the moon when you mat the throttle, but I am keeping my redline at 3,500 rpm. I might switch out the glasspacks in the future, but for now I am going to run her the way she is.
Thank you ALL for your help in answering questions and giving me insights, and A BIG THANK YOU to Bubba.

Attachments

• IMG_1754.MOV
    55.6 MB
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 9
Congratulations Sickboy49, on a completing your build project, you did a great job! I hope that you enjoy the car for many years to come driving it, best wishes.

Back