200ci 200 CID Crankshaft Interchange

This applies only to 200ci
I misplaced the crankshaft from my C8DE-6015-B block, so I need a replacement. This block has 7 mains and dual-pattern bell-housing.

This block can obviously take either the little BH for the 2.77 trans or the larger BH for the 3.03 trans.

So it can take either the "dished" flywheel that goes with the 2.77 trans or the "flat" flywheel that goes with the 3.03 trans.

The question is -- is the same ~crankshaft~ used for both flywheels?

OR -- do both flywheels have the identical bolt-circle pattern?

OR - will the crankshaft from an earlier-year block -- say from a C5DE 200 CID block with ONLY the small BH pattern -- work in the C8DE block with the "flat" flywheel?

Where are you located?? Sent me a PM with your name & phone # Bill wsa111

Where are you located?? Sent me a PM with your name & phone # Bill wsa111
I misplaced the crankshaft from my C8DE-6015-B block, so I need a replacement. This block has 7 mains and dual-pattern bell-housing.

This block can obviously take either the little BH for the 2.77 trans or the larger BH for the 3.03 trans.

So it can take either the "dished" flywheel that goes with the 2.77 trans or the "flat" flywheel that goes with the 3.03 trans.

The question is -- is the same ~crankshaft~ used for both flywheels?

OR -- do both flywheels have the identical bolt-circle pattern?

OR - will the crankshaft from an earlier-year block -- say from a C5DE 200 CID block with ONLY the small BH pattern -- work in the C8DE block with the "flat" flywheel?

misplaced the crankshaft

I haven't heard that one said too often .. ,

... good luck, have you checked under the back seat?.

have fun

A seven main crankshaft from a 65-83 200 will work in your engine. The main caps from the same year engines will fit also.
Main caps are mated to the engine block they are bolted to, so you will have to have your engine alignbored to accept the new caps you acquire.

Hope this helps.

Back