All Small Six Impossible 144 Cid

This relates to all small sixes
It is not impossible, but it seems odd and unlikely. We are very interested in the outcome. No need to take the pan off, with the fuel pump off you can see if the block main has been removed for a four main crank. The fact is if the stroke is measured right, it is what it is.

Well it appears I am an idiot after all. Three of us measured the piston travel from top dead center to the bottom and got 2.5".
I couldn't take it anymore so I jacked up the car today and pulled the oil pan. I rotated the crank and measured the bottom of the piston travel and got the correct 3.1" of stroke that would be correct for a 200 cid. The crankshaft has a stamping that is RM 010 which I would guess means 10 under and another stamp with RJG who probably the person that stamped the crank.
I found the Oil pan gasket bolts finger tight and the pan gasket leaking pretty bad so I can at least take care of that while I have it apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0567 (1).jpg
    IMG_0567 (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0573 (1).jpg
    IMG_0573 (1).jpg
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 24
Well it appears I am an idiot after all. Three of us measured the piston travel from top dead center to the bottom and got 2.5".
I couldn't take it anymore so I jacked up the car today and pulled the oil pan. I rotated the crank and measured the bottom of the piston travel and got the correct 3.1" of stroke that would be correct for a 200 cid. The crankshaft has a stamping that is RM 010 which I would guess means 10 under and another stamp with RJG who probably the person that stamped the crank.
I found the Oil pan gasket bolts finger tight and the pan gasket leaking pretty bad so I can at least take care of that while I have it apart.
:) hey you caught a problem and found a free 38 cubic inches. Oils well that ends well !

Ive been following this discussion for a while, so now we now! Of interest is the bottom of the connecting rods, here in Australia Ive never seen a ford six rod WITHOUT the double ribbed cap. the ones shown have a single rib, Clevelands and later windsors are they this, Ive always thought of this type of rod cap to be inferior. Almost all our cranks have the CI cast into them in ci. When the 4litre engine became the only one (around EB Falcon) they stopped doing it.

Back