All Small Six Universal 1V carburetor problem

This relates to all small sixes

ScottGibs

I have a Daytona 1B Universal Mount carburetor mounts connects just beautifully but the problem is that once we got it started that fuel is leaking out of the bottom butterfly connection rod as you can see in the video there is a little bit of fuel that will get on top of the float I've sent it back they said there's nothing wrong with the carburetor but it keeps doing it I have checked the fuel pressure at idle it is 6.1 PSI running the engine up to 1500 RPMs it goes to 6.2 lb of pressure

Attachments

• 20230709_183359.mp4
    37.1 MB
The old Holley 1904 & 1908's that your Daytona is based on only required no higher than 4 PSI so your going to need to regulate it down some. Do you see any fuel running down the inside of the Carb?

Thank you. I was told 6 psi was ok. Well. Guess not. I am trying so very hard to do this ad close to Factory correct look and style so what are my best options

These Daytona Carbs have had a very good reputation as well as also the lower cost copies of them so yours is the first trouble I have heard of. I wonder if there is a small pin hole in the casting?

6 lbs is too high. 3-4 pounds is more than sufficient, should clear up the problem.

Back