All Small Six Performance question

This relates to all small sixes
If I was as concerned as you appear to be with the proximity between the transmission fluid lines and the header, I would re-route the transmission fluid lines. That can be accomplished by either carefully bending the lines (without crimping/kinking them) or by a buying/borrowing an inexpensive tubing bender and flare kit, buying new tubing of the same diameter as your existing lines, and bending your own lines using new materials and the same type of fittings that you now have.

Hey Sold, I have tried moving them further than I already have, but there is no room d/t another line directly above them. But yes, they need to be re-routed. It sounds like to me that there is a good possibility that what I did will still lead to the tranny lines overheating.

never worry: observe, smell, listen, etc. Using ur senses.
B a lill scientist gathering info, testing hypothesis.
Watch the dip stick awhile till assure stuff is OK (I'd assume this now'n continue observation).

"...What would have you done...'
find OEM methods, see if I can repeate. If not
innovate w/in common sense for : safety, durability, inexpensiveness (my values).

I think with what you have done you are good, and I would drive it like I stole it. Maybe a trans. cooler would be a good idea, make sure you understand the instructions.

Hey Wayne, did ur tranny lines touch ur headers at all. I know we have different headers, but I was just wondering. My original post was that my tranny cooler lines touch the headers in one spot. I was able to move it up and away about a 1/4 inch and I wrapped the lines with heat wrap for lines and wires. Also used ss zip ties. Anything else I should try. Do not want my tranny overheating!
Just seen your post . My trans lines were fine untill I put the alumn radiator in with the Paxton install . Then I had to redo the passenger side line at the radiator connection .

ck a modern line some time. You'll C a silvery (baggy) cloth like covering... looking sloppily applied (just folded over it, sewn at the
edge so it hangs off a double measure). I think ur good now... watch, gather data tho (all over the vehicle)~

Back