All Small Six How Much Ported Vacuum from SCV Carburetor

This relates to all small sixes

Alkraut

Can anyone tell me how much ported vacuum is produced by the Autolite 1100 SCV carb and also the Ford replacement Holley 1940 ( DOPK F Motorcraft) SCV one barrel carbs? This would be for a 1966 200 six.
I know there is none at idle but comes on and increases when throttle is opened to provide vacuum to the Load O Matic distributor.
Thanks

No i can't give you a number.
To improve performance scrap the load amatic & get my DS11 distributor. The SCV carb can be converted to ported vacuum.
All depends on your wallet??

That's not "ported" vacuum in the conventional sense, and specific to the Load-O-Matic combination of manifold and venturi vacuums. I'd grab a Ford Shop Manual for your year to find some spec's.

Hi, the SCV does not work in the conventional ported vacuum way. If you want to find out what it is doing you can hook up your vacuum gauge and find out. Good luck

'hook up your vacuum gauge and find out. Good luck'

that would be excellent factual addition to illustrations and accepted theories. Engine condition will ultimately determine vacuum / SCV action at measured port under varying load, - could hookup (on dash) vac gauge to SCV port, then drive and observe ... ( - just a SCV carb ? - 'like to try that )

Back