All Small Six 1100 Carb help

This relates to all small sixes

gserafini

Subscriber
I need carb help for my 66 mustang coupe auto trans. I'm now on my 3rd carb in the last 5 years, all plagued with vacuum leak issues, running rich and bad idle. Timing on the car has been set and is good. My newest carb is an 1100 rebuilt and bought from Summit racing. I found out it has no SCV, and also there are vacuum leaks all over the actual body. Like it was a poor rebuild. I have to set the idle higher so it doesn't want to die when i'm at a red light or right when i give it gas from a stop. I still have the load-o-matic dist, and I want a carb that will just work and let me drive for the time being. Should I try to find one with the SCV and where would I get one? Should I have this one rebuilt again or try to myself? Or should I change the whole dist and carb? Any input and help would be well appreciated. Thanks!

I need carb help for my 66 mustang coupe auto trans. I'm now on my 3rd carb in the last 5 years, all plagued with vacuum leak issues, running rich and bad idle. Timing on the car has been set and is good. My newest carb is an 1100 rebuilt and bought from Summit racing. I found out it has no SCV, and also there are vacuum leaks all over the actual body. Like it was a poor rebuild. I have to set the idle higher so it doesn't want to die when i'm at a red light or right when i give it gas from a stop. I still have the load-o-matic dist, and I want a carb that will just work and let me drive for the time being. Should I try to find one with the SCV and where would I get one? Should I have this one rebuilt again or try to myself? Or should I change the whole dist and carb? Any input and help would be well appreciated. Thanks!
If you are going to keep the Loadamatic dist. you need a carb. with the SCV.
If you have the money go with a DS11 distributor, MSD 6425 ignition box & a MSD Blaster 2 coil. That will work on a carb with no SCV.

Thank you! One day I hope to do several updates, possibly efi system. For now i'm trying to get it running good for the summer as cheap as possible. Do you have any recs where to find an 1100 with SCV? Seems really hard to find a rebuild one with it

Back