200ci Getting a 2V for my American 200

This applies only to 200ci

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy or G'Day Mates,

So I'm in the process of finally getting a 250 2V for my American 200. I want this head to really wake up my motor so I want to know what to do to get the most power out of it. A few questions:

1. I currently have a E0xxx log head with a 2V conversion, how much power am I expected to pick up?
2. Is the stock 2V intake not the greatest? Should I go ahead and get the Aussie Speed 4V intake? Will I need a pig for daily driving?
3. For a solid daily, that has plenty of power and isnt a PITA to drive, would having a 256H Schneider cam with 1.65 roller rockers be too much? Or just right? The cam now is very pleasant to drive, just making sure I don't overkill. Lift is .420, lope sep 112, duration @ .050 is 204.
4. Currently I have a holley 2300 350. My head will come with the Stromberg WW. Which is better and which will perform better? I assume the Stromberg will get better mileage lol.
5. I plan on upsizing the valves to 1.75 and 1.5, how risky is it with the water jacket on #1?
6. I am totally undecided if I want power adders. i just did a garage rebuild (rings and rod bearings) and would like not to have to pull it apart again to put in forged pistons/rods/etc. Whats a safe CR to be able to add a paxtonsupercharger with 8psi? And if I choose to not boost it but keeping that CR, how much possible power am I leaving on the table by not going up to, lets say, 9:1?
7. Is it worth porting everything and polishing the exhaust? I know the exhaust is the restriction on the head, how much possible power do I leave on the table by not doing this?

Thanks guys,
Ryan

Congratulations on you Aussie 2v head. Do you have a source for them? I am looking for an Aussie head.
I can' really help with your questions that will require a professional. I have admired your existing build specs for quite awhile, sounds like a good performance motor.

Congratulations on you Aussie 2v head. Do you have a source for them? I am looking for an Aussie head.
I can' really help with your questions that will require a professional. I have admired your existing build specs for quite awhile, sounds like a good performance motor.
Thanks man! He's getting it all ready for shipping here this weekend. He bought it but then got a good deal on a Cleveland so he's selling it to me actually all rebuilt. Sadly I'm gonna have to upsize all the valves b/c he just did a factory rebuild but put hardened exhaust seats. I do have a lead on an unrebuilt aussie head with just the intake, head, valve cover for $1700 AUD. Obviously shipping will cost another $500-800. Let me know if interested

Thanks man! I'm glad to know my work is admired by someone. I pretty much fixed my vacuum leak as well. My adapter plates were all warped. I believe it has a ever so slight leak now but it doesn't always show it. Its weird. I plan on getting it all brazed together when I take it off. Also swapped to a holley 350 2300 and it works amazing! Very happy with it.

Back