All Small Six Looking for a machine shop/engine builder in New England with head modification experience

This relates to all small sixes

SCCARob

Does anyone have any leads for a reliable engine builder/machine shop that can do head modifications to a log head in the New England area? By chance doing inventory at my dad's place we came across a 200ci engine with a d8 head on it. I am thinking about starting a build to replace the severely lacking power of the 200 that is in my mothers 67 mustang. I want to get that large log head milled for the 2v direct mount, ported and polished as much as possible, oversized valves if possible and cc milled to get an uprated compression ratio. Does anyone have any recommendations for shops in New England that can or have done this with success? This is not an immediate project just starting to get my ducks in a row.

where ya at N.E. ?.
It's @ 400 miles N-S here in NY and Northern Maine is 2 days away ... :cool:

Last edited:
I don’t know if they are open anymore, but this guy used to build engines for local racers and did a great job on my 200 (triple carb): East Coast Machine & Performance Products, 59 Old Broadway St. North Haven, CT 06473. 203-239-7733. It wasn’t cheap but all he had in the garage he was working on were race cars. He did my engine in 2009 and knew all about them as he used to build them for dirt trackers.

I don’t know if they are open anymore, but this guy used to build engines for local racers and did a great job on my 200 (triple carb): East Coast Machine & Performance Products, 59 Old Broadway St. North Haven, CT 06473. 203-239-7733. It wasn’t cheap but all he had in the garage he was working on were race cars. He did my engine in 2009 and knew all about them as he used to build them for dirt trackers.

There is a machine shop in Nashua that I have used for a few jobs. Nashua Engine Rebuilders. They are your typical old school hole in the wall machine shop that do good work and feel they priced my jobs right. Last job was valve job on my 200 head, guides, vitron seals, hardened seats and valves. Not sure if they porting and polishing and direct mounting. I had already ported and tri powered the head. Can’t hurt to give them a call.
There is another machine shop in Nashua. I believe they’re called Kinsley. They do very good work but are very expensive. They do a lot of work on race engines. Not sure if they would do modifications on one of our old heads.
Gene

Back