Engine swapping and general refreshing

In the below link you can see how Ford built a one off 1970 Maverick show car "The Mavi GT" to give the public an idea of what could be accomplished with a mildly built 250 six and Tri power. With the shorter deck 200 it wouldn't need much of a scoop if any. The Offy Tri power set up fits in under the low hood of the 1965 & 1966 Mustangs with only a little work see second video for info of how one of our site members did it. Good luck (y) :nod:

The Ford Mavi GT Show Car
http://maverick.to/grabber/MaviGT.html

Roy's 1965 Mustang Tri Power 200
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srUZ8s8sAiE

Yeah I just need to measure and check. The mustang it came from didn't have hood clearance issues, so it might work.

is there a female threaded bung (hole) in the radiator? or duz it have a lill male fitting there?

https://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/aut ... lsrc=aw.ds

there's one.
U may need to usea brake line style flair tool after sliping a fitting over whatever line U have now.
/OR/
are U talkin abt another seperate cooler?

I need another male adaptor. The radiator has a female. I guess I should be able to take the adaptor to a parts store and match it, right? I assume they stock them

Attachments

• 0111211522_HDR.jpg
    0111211522_HDR.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 0111211523.jpg
    0111211523.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 22
do U havea fitting on the 'transmission line: side right now?
If not U need a flair tool' or to take the whole line off'n bring it to some1 who slides it on the line, then flairs it, so U can slide it down & thread it on that fitting U show at the radiator...

The automotive big box stores who have car prts often lend out flair tools as well - DIY.
Just deposit the cost of the tool, do the wrk, return 4 ur $ back

Oh wait. I C the pic again. Won't the one there now thread on?
I looks as if last guy just switched out the last prt (hada flair tool). U can do that
or the lill nerl (a ball inside. This is called a 'compression fitting'). I didn't know those
were good enuff for tranny lines.

Looks like your missing one of the cooling line adapter fittings on the bottom of the radiator. This is a Iron pipe thread going into the radator I think it's a 1/8 inch the other end that mates to the cooling line is a standard flare fitting,same as a fuel line. Take your one fitting to a good hardware or auto parts store and match it up Best of luck (y) :nod:

looks likea you got the dampner situated, good on ya.
Youa fan of the fella in Slodeatha, (TX)?
:unsure:

chad":3efl1o56 said:
looks likea you got the dampner situated, good on ya.
Youa fan of the fella in Slodeatha, (TX)?
:unsure:

Haven't heard if them? And yes, assembly rotates and torqued just find with a longer bolt ( thanks everybody)

Just redoing the cooling line since I messed up the one on there when pulling the engine.

163.99$ us of a - mmm, like to get rid of the starter solenoid on inner fender. Bet this would fit w/my CI shorties. Guess I got expensive tastes. Just cant do it now... (save, save, save...)

Back