Deltagate wastegate

A

Anonymous

The second hand Deltagate i bought on e-bay 2 months ago arrived today! I had given up on it.

It's got 2 fittings one saying"vacuum" and the other "boost". Whats that about? Where do i plumb those lines? I was expecting just one to the inlet manifold.

I got the motor and box in yesterday. It's getting closer.

Dom

One is for before throttle plates and the other is for after. Vacuum is for after, boost is for before.

-=Whittey=-

Dom,
I personally have just the "boost" side hooked up on both our cars. The vacuum side is just vented to atmosphere.
There are other methods of hooking this up using a boost controller but I found the easiest for the Deltagate was just using the boost side.
Will

You should get better part throttle economy with the vacuum hose hooked up. Normally open boost controller > normally closed boost controller.

-=Whittey=-

Dom,
According to Turbonetics, the boost line coming from your intake manifold (boost source) will be T'd off. One side going to the BOOST side of the wastegate and the other side to a boost controller (ie. air bleed). The boost controller will have one line going into it from the "T" and another one going to the VACUUM side of the W/G.
I of course don't have it this way. My wife's '63 TurboFalcon has a line that goes from the compressor side of the turbo directly to the BOOST side of the W/G. This works great on both her car and my 10 sec. turbocharged 5.0 powered Mustang. Her car is running around 7lbs. of boost and mine is up around 15lbs.
Hope this helps!
Will

Thanks for your help guys. I just have to figure out a way of attaching this gate to the "V" band fitting on my manifold. I've missed out on Garret "V" band waste gates twice on e-bay. Bugger.

Dom

Back