Wanted Carb Mixture screw

R_Calris

I have a 1982 Ford Fairmont with the CA emissions system on it. its obvious that the carb's mixture adjustment screw was once sealed behind a bung, and that bung was drilled out. for the past few days I have been tracing and fixing vacuum leaks in the network of switches, valves and hoses that make up the CA smog pump, and vacuum advance system on my little 3.3. Today, I was going to finally (hopefully) fix the high-idle that resulted from no longer having vacuum leaks, however I went to adjust the screw, and found the little drill holes, on the throttle-plate, and the obviously empty hole where the adjustment screw should be.

thinking it would be an easy-fix, I went to my local auto-parts store(s) only to learn at each one that none of them could get me one; and all of the rebuild kits were obviously not including this little part. if anyone knows a supplier (save going to a bone-yard and hoping to find a carb on a similar engine that hadn't itself been robbed, did that already too), please let me know.

I did manage to find my carb's build tag: E2BE BA 2D13;
the guys at Daytona Parts Company also assisted me in getting the original Holley/Motorcraft part number for my mixture screw:

15R-200AS

Using that to try and get specifically what I need.

Last edited:
I would also recommend Mike's Carbs. I've become a big fan of the rebuild and hardware kits as I've been getting a few old fuel systems straightend out. Great service and quality products from my experience.

I would also recommend Mike's Carbs. I've become a big fan of the rebuild and hardware kits as I've been getting a few old fuel systems straightend out. Great service and quality products from my experience.
I talked with them; because of the number of variations of the 1946C design they don't include an idle mixture screw in their rebuild kits. and there is no cross reference sheet to say exactly what the Holly part number means when it comes to Idle Mixture Screw Dimensions. so I am now looking for a replacement carb; even though I would like to keep the original; at this point, if I want to have the engine idle properly; I really can't keep it. thanks for all the help here though!

Back