Aluminum Head Update 8/28/06

sounds like with the head, acam and a little of this and that (no turbo), expected targets of hp will be around 200?

maybe this was already stated, but this thread is so darn long...

AzCoupe

Ok this sounds great especially when combined with a new manifold, cam and rocker assembly. But what does all this really cool stuff cost and are you packaging an overall kit to make my engine so cool and powerful and of course unique?

An increase of nearly 100hp? Is this really possible with just a few additions? When will all this be available?

Thanks Jim Reese

why dont you just produce a crate engine and be done with it...?

:)

chazthephoenix":3fvyi6ef said:
why dont you just produce a crate engine and be done with it...?

:)

I'd take one! 250 with the new head, fuel injected, already tuned and preprogrammed ECU... Bolt on my alternator, A/C, and a new T5/clutch and I'll be happy!

drift cortina":37asknge said:
hey
anything that is not super common like chev small blocks is ultra expensive.
example msd ignition brought from states is $400 cheaper then buying in aus.
crager wheels are $100 min cheaper
and thats after shiping.
most people i know just buy off jegs/summit racing
it really sucks out here price wise
ill see what the price's are but ill probly jsut get a mate who imprts mustangs to order one and bring it back.
drift

if worse comes to worse im giving your mate some cash!

Wondering... how much lighter will the head be now, since it will be out of aluminum...

According to my gross measurement using a bathroom scale, the aluminum head weighs 26.5lbs. less than a 250-2V head.

It's SOOOO much easier lifting it over a fender to install on the block! :shock: You're going to love it!
Later,
Will

Does10s":ackt6j5l said:
According to my gross measurement using a bathroom scale, the aluminum head weighs 26.5lbs. less than a 250-2V head.

It's SOOOO much easier lifting it over a fender to install on the block! :shock: You're going to love it!
Later,
Will

Do you happen to know off hand what the Oz head weighs?

IIRC the log head weighs about 120lbs.

addo":2kcoja7m said:
Oz head and manifold weighs about 37 kilograms. Say 78-80 pounds.

So thats 120lbs for a log head, 80 lbs for a Oz head, and 55lbs for the Az head.

Thats 65lbs of weight directly off the front suspension points!!!

They sure may vary by year but the last two I boxed and shipped IIRC about 78 lbs boxed, this was the log head one was a 200 and the other a 250 head.

But this was a bathroom scale :LOL:

8)

OK...so we have one report of a Oz head and its aluminum intake weighing 80lbs...and a log head weighing 80lbs...and the aluminum head weighing 55 lbs.

The morale here seems to be that bathroom scales suck. :deadhorse:

Actually the scale is pertty acturate, the log head doesn't weight 120 lbs! I've never weighed my Aussie head and intake but would expect it to weigh more than a stock log head.
addo wrote:
But in any case the new aluminum head surly will weigh much less than the log head, and even if it didn't the increase in performance is going to make you forget about what the weight is as you burn the tires going down the street. ;)

I've shipped a lot of OZ heads, which were 85-90 lbs, depending on if they were bare or complete (not including the intake, or rockers). Unfortunately, I didn't weigh the aluminum head, but will verify.

Mustangaroo":2moritr1 said:
Actually the scale is pertty acturate, the log head doesn't weight 120 lbs! I've never weighed my Aussie head and intake but would expect it to weigh more than a stock log head.
addo wrote:
But in any case the new aluminum head surly will weigh much less than the log head, and even if it didn't the increase in performance is going to make you forget about what the weight is as you burn the tires going down the street. ;)

I remember someone saying they weighed their log head at 120lbs.

But anyhow Im curious that you think the log head would weigh less than the Oz head? I would think the aluminum intake would weigh less than the cast iron log portion of the head. Otherwise the two designs are very similar.

Back