200ci Problems with sorting out throttle linkage on a '65 200 autolite 1100 setup.

This applies only to 200ci
Here is what the stock 1965 & 1966 Ford Mustang Vacuum Lines for a C4 Trans and a stock Load O Matic Distributor would look like for reference if you remaking them or re routing them as well as the Fuel Line from the Fuel Pump to Carb. The C4 Vacuum Line has a mounting clip on the top bolt of the Tail Housing (on the Passenger side of the Car that the Vacuum Line Clips into and hold it securely is probably still on the trans. There should also be another one too I think it may be on the top Bell Housing Bolt or else on the back of the engine for front of the line to Clip into. Good luck.

1965 & 1966 Ford Mustang 200 Six C4 Vacuum Line to Modulator
https://www.cjponyparts.com/classic...ne-original-steel-6-cylinder-1965/p/MUM1001O/

1964-65 FORD MUSTANG DISTRIBUTOR VACUUM LINE SET Distributor Vacuum Line SKU: MUA1001-S https://classictube.com/product/for...line-for-the-6-cylinder-170-200-cid-19641965/

Classic Tube Fuel Line Pump To Carburetor Original Steel 170/200 1965 Classic Tube:MUC1001 OE
https://www.cjponyparts.com/classic-tube-fuel-line-pump-to-carburetor-original-steel-170-200-1965/p/MUC1001O/

bubs also hasa good ignition tune up (do 1st), and carb tune up (do 2nd) write ups. BUT B4 anything
I'd go back several steps and say the 1 refference given U is at:
ford-falcon-six-cylinder-performance-handbook
and above Tech Archive is:
Tech.html
to ID all the motor's parts, yr, actual model (3 or 4 of the 6 models look pretty much identical). AND
sill on the pre- or "earlier Qs" is:
I see ur SCV (see tech archive) on the carb. Which line goes to the LOM (see tech archive) dizzy?.
load-o-matic-distributor-spark-control-valve.28/

I don't remember any small six throttle linkage being that Micky Moused.
I always saw a bell crank connected to the bolt on your aluminum carb adapter.
Maybe what I saw was only on California small sixes

If you haven't already fixed it, Edelbrock makes a ball stud kit that your local auto parts store can order for you (or may even have in stock). I was able to source one from the local OReilly store. Holley makes a similar kit, probably also available from your local auto parts store.

I don't remember any small six throttle linkage being that Micky Moused.
I always saw a bell crank connected to the bolt on your aluminum carb adapter.
Maybe what I saw was only on California small sixes
Yes some had this type linkage I also worked and seen mostly the California Mustangs.

1965 Ford Mustang 200 Six Carb Base Plate and Bell Crank

When I first put a 200 from a 65 Ranchero in my 63 Falcon wagon I used the 65 Ranchero throttle linkage.
My 63 falcon wagon had a 250 with the head off of it when I bought it for $300.00.
I had the 63 wagon towed to my house which cost around $100.00
This was 1991.
I ended up giving the 65 Ranchero away for free with a bed full of parts to Ron at Falconparts. com when I moved out of state.
I had tried to sell the 65 Ranchero without any luck for $50.00 to a local Ford wrecking yard.
The 65 Ranchero gas tank + fuel filler tube are still in my 63 wagon.

Back