All Small Six 200 Autolite 1100 spacer

This relates to all small sixes
he's suggesting an exchange of the water choke (post 12) with what's in post 15?

I C OP has an ele choke already so just bring that dangeling ele.clip to where bubs suggests. (I found an interesting 1. Must B solid state as its wired to a head bolt w/heat sensor. No ele connection)~

The current 'clip' on top the VC is 1/2 of the correct bracket. The eye pointing toward the carb was under the carb ona later model using the same stud as carb. Glad you're not going 'bar linkage'. Wonder what peddle's on there (matches cable probably...
That head w/the nice flat log is one of the best (but not E0x, THE best). Let's ID the block to C if it is late model too?

THe casting numbers on the block indicate it's a late block too chad. Just got the car not too long ago. Hadn't noticed the manifold vaccum was hooked into the the line going down. What would that have been for originally? Air pump?
Would anyone have a bracket laying around that would work with the cable on this engine? I can't seem to find one on ebay, and my junkards around here don't have anything near that old.

Hadn't noticed the manifold vaccum was hooked into the the line going down. What would that have been for originally? Air pump?
The Exhaust Manifold Line your asking about would have been hooked up into the base of a OEM Air Cleaner with some rubber hose so it could draw Fresh Air into that line and then up through the Hot Air Stove Pipe that needs to be connected into the Carb's Choke Housing. That Line would never have a Vacuum Source connected to it.

The Exhaust Manifold Line your asking about would have been hooked up into the base of a OEM Air Cleaner with some rubber hose so it could draw Fresh Air into that line and then up through the Hot Air Stove Pipe that needs to be connected into the Carb's Choke Housing. That Line would never have a Vacuum Source connected to it.
What about the one that's totally broken off on the exhaust?

Those fit into the Manifold about 3/8 to 1/2 Inch it is a soft Steel Line. Start Soaking the area really good with your favorite Penetrating Oil for several Days. Then try a good pair of Vise Grips on that Lip of that's left sticking up, twisting it slowly back and forth until it loosens up then start to pull it up as you turn it. If you cant get a Vise Grip on it find the right size Metal Screw that will fit into the center hole snugly and use that to pull it up with. Most of the time they will come out easy but if not then you will need to use the right size drill bit (the hole isn't very big going into the Manifold so measure the new one you replacing it with) and the drill it out. Best wishes

w/ele choke U can eliminate it, that's my main point, keep 'dirty air' out of carb, plug it.
That's better for exh. too (plug as well).
You dont need a new bracket, its there. Dress it up? w/some cuts/grinds to become more 'shapely'?

If the Carter YFA Carb has the Hot Air Stove Pipe Opening (see the Below Pictures) then you need to also use the Hot Air Stove Pipe otherwise the Choke won't be opening all the way.

Attachments

• Ford Carter YFA 1V Carb 1.jpg
    Ford Carter YFA 1V Carb 1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Ford Carter YFA 1V Carb.jpg
    Ford Carter YFA 1V Carb.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Ford Carter YFA 1V Carb 2.jpg
    Ford Carter YFA 1V Carb 2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
I capped off several inc the YF. I C not 'steps' in the linkage or other things to still need a hot air stove (tube). Wass sup there?

I had a spacer from a early 70s 250 I had laying in the woods. It would mount to the intake, but the Carter YF carb would not mount on it. The 1100 carb I have would be very close to fitting on it. What carb would have mounted on it? There seems to be so many different spacers out there, and non are easy to locate.

250 six cyl 1969 Mustangs with the new 1-3/4" manifold inlet got a non-SCV 1101 carb on a spacer like the pic I posted. The 1101 is very similar to the 1100, but with a little higher flow capacity.

The Last of the Autolite Carbs were the 1101's that Ford used on the 1969 year models (the 1968 1100's plus the 1969 1101's are both Non SCV Carb's), so if you can find one of those larger bore Carbs it should fit right onto the 1969 200 or 250 Six large Log Carb Spacer nicely. I do like both those Carbs a lot Bonus is that it also would work correctly with your current Duel Advance Distributor.

If you want to use your Autolite 1100 than this spacer should work. The problem with most of the Autolite 1100's' is that they will have a SCV until 1967 for the 50 state versions or until end of 1965 on the California Carbs, so many of those would need some work to block off some SCV Passages.

Ford Small Six 1V Carb Adapters (Small 1V to Large Log)
This billet adaptor is used to install an Autolite 1100-1V with a smaller carb bore, on any late model large log cylinder head with a 1.75" carb bore. Includes one gasket (stock manifold gasket not included). https://www.vintageinlines.com/product-page/1v-carb-adaptor-small-1v-to-large-log

Or you can make your own Carb Spacer like this for the Large Log Head for be able to use a large bore or a small bore Carb as well as using the OEM Throttle Linkage. https://fordsix.com/threads/carb-spacer-for-large-log-head.82758/#post-652824

You could also make a custom reversed funnel shaped adapter plate out of some Aluminum 1/4 inch plate stock to seal to the Late Log Head correctly. A simple Flat Aluminum Plate out of 1/4 to 3/8 inch material to adapt it to the 1977 200 Six Head and then use the stock 1 3/4 inch Carb base Gasket on the bottom side to match and seal to your Large Log Head. Then bolt that 1965 or 1966 Mustang 200 Six Autolite Carb Plate onto that Flat Plate Adapter using one of the smaller Autolite 1100 Carb base gaskets so it will also seal it to the adapter plate, I am sure the Falcon Performance book talked about making a funnel shaped Adapter Plate too.

As far as the Cable Throttle Brackets you can also find them on the 1978 to 1982 Ford 200 Six Fairmont's, some of 1979 to 1982 Mustangs had 200 Six's, Granada's had the 250 Six's and few other Models of Ford's and Mercury version's of these same Ford Model's too. Below is an adapter to use with the Ford Throttle Cables but you would still need to make a simple Bracket for it. I do have a Throttle Cable Bracket and Holley 1946 Carb from a 1982 Ford Mustang 200 Six that I saved. Good luck.

AED Throttle Cable Bracket Adapter 6611 for use with the Ford Throttle Cables

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aed-6611/make/ford#overview

If you want to run a stock small log carb adapter with the heater hose connections on a large log head:
Drill-tap then install 2 new adapter studs closer than the large log studs.
Now the carb adapter will bolt on but you will have a large vacuum leak.
Fabricate a 1/8" steel plate to fit under that carb adapter to block the vacuum leak.
I did this on a D8 head that I still have.

I have a large bore to small bore adapter for the Autolite 1100 that I'd let go. Contact me if you're interested. Since I went to the Weber, I don't need it.

"...As far as the Cable Throttle Brackets you can also find them on the 1978 to 1982 Ford 200 Six Fairmont's, some of 1979 to 1982 Mustangs had 200 Six's, Granada's had the 250 Six's and few other Models of Ford's and Mercury version's of these same Ford Model's too. Below is an adapter to use with the Ford Throttle Cables but you would still need to make a simple Bracket for it. I do have a Throttle Cable Bracket and Holley 1946 Carb from a 1982 Ford Mustang 200 Six that I saved. Good luck.

AED Throttle Cable Bracket Adapter 6611 for use with the Ford Throttle Cables

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aed-6611/make/ford#overview..."

summit does not show much of this throttle cable bracket. I'd like to see more of it, how it is used.
The OEM is large, complicated, ugly. The fella who modified the one on his VC went 1/2 way.
I do not want to modify an oem bracket but I would his (already hacked abit). I'd go even further and
"streamline it", 'smooth-it' as is'n B very happy. To each his/her own. Again, like to C this'un ( AED thru
Summit) "in action" or a pic available for the standard 'rotation' many products have w/on-line catalogue.

This is a pic of what the previous owner put on my car. It's a 250 head, and he put the stock spacer on it with an 1100 carb. Note the huge vacuum leak.

View attachment 17919
An 1/8" steel plate under the adapter would solve that problem.
Drill 2 holes for the studs.
Drill one hole with a hole saw to match the throttle bore of the carb adapter.
Been there, done that.

An 1/8" steel plate under the adapter would solve that problem.
Drill 2 holes for the studs.
Drill one hole with a hole saw to match the throttle bore of the carb adapter.
Been there, done that.
I mounted a Weber 38 using a VI adapter and a Lokar cable. Very nice.

The subject was: "I have a 68 mustang with a 200. I'm wanting to go back with the original Autolite 1100."
7xbody.jpg

At the risk of getting off topic again, I'll mention that I sent the OP a large log spacer for the 1100 that I had and wasn't going to use. Hopefully, that will get him fixed up.

Last edited:
Back