Alternative Transportation

Forklift tank is no good, they are vapour withdrawl, vehicle tanks are liquid withdrawl. You cannot get enough fuel out of a vapour withdrawl, to get the power needed for a car.

Attachments

• BE85CB18-BCB8-49BA-9970-77566C1E0A1D.jpeg
    BE85CB18-BCB8-49BA-9970-77566C1E0A1D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 29B063BA-5C85-46AD-9140-B8787952DE97.jpeg
    29B063BA-5C85-46AD-9140-B8787952DE97.jpeg
    895.8 KB · Views: 3
  • A6131D1F-4E76-4DD9-A949-4D439720E110.jpeg
    A6131D1F-4E76-4DD9-A949-4D439720E110.jpeg
    812.8 KB · Views: 3
That’s a fair amount of rain.

What we have to look out for on the roads is crushed stone in lots of the intersections. It gets pretty bad at times. They need to start catching the over filled trucks.
We get some of that too, with the heavy rain, so with the trucks the roads break up and leave holes all over the place. I went into one, threw me out off the seat and just about over the bars. 1200mm is the average, its a dairy area with lotsa loverly clay soil, the grass is abundant this time of year, so the cows have plenty of feed, the farmers will start cutting hay soon and store it for winter. The sheep are used in the spud country before they plant the spuds. The sheep are for meat, not wool. There is also a couple of big goat farms around too. And the biggest greenhouse in the southern hemisphere, mainly growing tomatos and zuccinis. The other side of Victoria in cropping country growing wheat and canola. Most of Australia's agricutural product is exported. So along with our mineral stuff and LNG we export a lot of stuff. Thats is how Australia is rich comparably.

Ok, here you have to have a lockoff on the tank, and one on the convertor also. The POL fitting is for filling, where is the outlet service valve? It would appear that your regulations are quite different to ours, you cant use that sort of tank here, and there are lotsa rules covering safety stuff. Here we dont use the IMPCO gear that much, its mainly the Italian and Dutch gear. We make our own tanks here. Your fork lift tank doesnt appear to have a fill shut off, so its easy to over fill. I run a locally made mixer and convertor on my rig, I sure youve seen it by now.

This part of Canada, an excess flow valve is used at the tank in case a line gets ruptured. Just one lock off in the engine bay before the vaporizer.
Ran a similar tank in the trunk of a 2000 V6 Mustang for a short period of time.

The "POL" fitting is for filling and outlet with a "rego" fitting on the end of the service line. Tank is removed from forklift(or my truck) to fill.

Last edited:
This part of Canada, an excess flow valve is used at the tank in case a line gets ruptured. Just one lock off in the engine bay before the vaporizer.
Ran a similar tank in the trunk of a 2000 V6 Mustang for a short period of time.

The "POL" fitting is for filling and outlet with a "regal" fitting on the end of the service line. Tank is removed from forklift(or my truck) to fill.
So there is no check valve in the POL fitting? When we run the tank inside the car, it has to have a duct to the outside, so no leakage can enter the cabin. regal fitting? Is there an American standard for fitting LPG to vehicles, here its Australian Standard 1425, which governs all aspects of LPG fit ups to vehicles. There are others for fuel containers etc.

I have a 2017 triumph Bonneville T100, thats 900cc, it always gets 3.8litre/100km, thats about 70mpg for you guys, it weighs 220kg and has plenty of power. I ride mostly rural roads, average speed around 70km/h.
less than 450Lbs might B the lighest near1K cc bike I've heard of. I dont think the orig Trident wuz dat light !

less than 450Lbs might B the lighest near1K cc bike I've heard of. I dont think the orig Trident wuz dat light !
220kg is 480lbs, the 1200cc version is a bit heavier, one of my friends has one. I decided I didnt need the extra power or weight. 220kg is wet nearly full tank. 47 inches is just under 1200mm. We had 90mm just last week, they are predicting a dry summer for us, so we all have be vigilent with bushfires.

thnx 4 correction on weight (hi school wuz long time ago). Not so, so light then, but...
Indian? We re-make them too:
Old ... ... ...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3640018824...8KAXbgUHJPOW55GSFmnNy4Tg==|tkp:Bk9SR761j-njYg

New ... ...
(Springfield family is sorta like the old. I live 25 min from the orig, 1 & only factory. Why I select this as an example

Nota MPGs model. 23 MPGs is probably a record for a 200/3.3 here on the site.

In a course of 4 months I managed to save $937.00 dollars after the monthly payments and insurance are deducted. The Yamaha TW200 now has over 4,100 miles on it. The weather is getting cooler but that’s not a problem. Just dress for the conditions. We have mild winters here and I’ll continue to ride until it reaches near 32 F. Need to watch out on over passes. Rode in 36 F. temperatures the morning and it was quite pleasant.

Had breakfast at the local cafe and ordered my usual $6.50 breakfast and the owners asked if I’m ok. 🙂 It was then they found out how good riding gear became.

The money I’m saving, part of it will go towards the 240 build. Looking forward getting the project going.

Since owning the bike, the carb was re-jetted because of a lean condition. The bike would surge at low speeds, it would ping very lightly under heavy loads at mid RPM’s and run very hot at high RPM’s.

This bike did not come with a cat when manufactured. So, re-jetting was not a problem.

Since re-jetting the bike, it no longer surges at low speeds. The pinging is gone when under load at mid RPM’s. And the engine is not running as hot at high RPM’s.

The bike pulls very well at all speeds. The throttle is very linear. Overall the engine seems to pull better at all speeds. It also sounds quieter and less stressed. Before it had a loud intake sound coming from the air box. That has diminished considerably.

After running it for about a 100 miles I pulled the OEM plug and the ceramic it was bright white. The side electrode was burned almost all the way to the metal ring.

The bike is my commuter. It runs mostly at mid RPM’s and up. I felt the OEM plug was too hot for my riding style.

So I decided to go down one heat range.

I pulled the cooler plug out of the bike about two weeks ago to see what it looks like.

Here are some pictures:IMG_1319.jpeg

IMG_1318.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

The pictures were taken when the plug had 400 miles on it. The plug now has over a thousand miles, and it looks the same in the pictures posted above.

I would like to get some opinions on the condition of the plug.

Thanks,

Last edited:
@ 1K mi + Id say miraculous

Since owning the bike, the carb was re-jetted because of a lean condition. The bike would surge at low speeds, it would ping very lightly under heavy loads at mid RPM’s and run very hot at high RPM’s.

This bike did not come with a cat when manufactured. So, re-jetting was not a problem.

Since re-jetting the bike, it no longer surges at low speeds. The pinging is gone when under load at mid RPM’s. And the engine is not running as hot at high RPM’s.

The bike pulls very well at all speeds. The throttle is very linear. Overall the engine seems to pull better at all speeds. It also sounds quieter and less stressed. Before it had a loud intake sound coming from the air box. That has diminished considerably.

After running it for about a 100 miles I pulled the OEM plug and the ceramic it was bright white. The side electrode was burned almost all the way to the metal ring.

The bike is my commuter. It runs mostly at mid RPM’s and up. I felt the OEM plug was too hot for my riding style.

So I decided to go down one heat range.

I pulled the cooler plug out of the bike about two weeks ago to see what it looks like.

Here are some pictures:View attachment 19221

View attachment 19222

View attachment 19223

The pictures were taken when the plug had 400 miles on it. The plug now has over a thousand miles, and it looks the same in the pictures posted above.

I would like to get some opinions on the condition of the plug.

Thanks,
The plugs look amazing. Perhaps still a tick lean (white color), and still on the borderline of too hot. (The black specks)

Here is the same plug with about 1,500 miles on it.

If you look closely, there is white particles on the side electrode and steel ring. Any ideas what it could be? Possibly from additives added from the fuel depot?
IMG_1389.jpeg
IMG_1387.jpeg

Just got done installing an idle mixture screw. A member on the tw200forum.com
Are making them specifically for the carb on my bike.

Here it is installed:
IMG_1832.jpeg

The idle fuel/air adjustment is much easier than before.

Pulled the plug to check it. The plug has over 3,000 miles.
IMG_1837.jpeg

The bike is getting an oil and filter change tomorrow.

Glad the weather is warming up. Using the bike will help with saving a good amount of money for the 240 project.

Last edited:
Here soon if not already, the summer fuel blends will be at the pumps. I would start with a fresh plug also so the plug reading won't get skewed.

Back