All Small Six 1968 Ford 200 HEI stalling issue

This relates to all small sixes

Elijah Gerke

Hey yall, I got my car to run pretty well this winter but then I got tired of messing with points, so I swapped over to an HEI system from DUI. After I did this the car has a stalling out problem. I first thought it was a voltage issue because I still had the stock alternator and many new amenities, sound system, LED lights all around, and plans for an electric fan. Anyways I swapped over to a 1 wire GM style and I still have the issue. In the mornings, it doesn't have any problems, unless it is idling for a long time, but once the car has warmed up say a trip to Walmart, and running errands it has a hot start issue, and an issue with stalling at lower speeds, red lights, and idling in park and gear I've tuned the car with a vacuum gage with 20Hg of vacuum. I'm thinking I may have gotten a bad coil from DUI. Any help would be appreciated-specs below

1968 block
1969 head
stock 1100 carb
DUI ignition

Did you use a power relay to connect the Distributor power directly to the battery when the ignition switch is turned on?

No, I ran a new wire from the Ignition switch to the ditributor, tested the wire it gets 12.4 volts at cranking and 13.6 with the key on

Back