All Small Six 200 w/ Al Head - Been sitting for 12 years

This relates to all small sixes
Morning everyone,
I’ve got 65 coupe with 200 i6. It has an Aluminum head and alloy intake from classic inlines from what I’ve gathered. Holley 2 barrel sitting on top. After vacuuming out all the rats nest and acorns - new battery - fuel line to fresh gas…no fire. Points were getting power, but no spark. I pulled the points and put in pertronix ignition. It fired up and seems to idle good. Stalls as soon as I put it in drive.

Carb has not been rebuilt yet. I just took it off and sprayed it out. I’d love to see pictures of any other straight sixes with a similar setup just to make sure everything is hooked up right. Any thoughts on the stalling issue?

Hi and welcome to the Ford Six forum spicerj5! Most of the time any Carb if it sat unused for that long is going to need to be rebuilt. Its also going to depend on which Carb and Distributor its using can you post some good pictures of them? Best of luck on the 1965 Mustang revival.

mike's carb is a great on-line source. He has actual thousands of vids on rebuilds, just bout any carb's rebuild kit to your home in just a coupla days.
I even used the site to ID a specific carb a decade ago that was made in different sizes for different makes, models, yrs and displacements. Like here he taught me a few things by using his lists and info(s) ~8^ )

Honestley if I were you given the head you have on your 200 I would kick that carb & dist aside. After the overall improvement in power & performance I've had useing a 2300 Sniper on a 2x1 adaptor on a stock small log head that's the way to go . Put a Hyper Spark dist with it for timing control & have at it .
Don't pay attention to the power adder . This was all I could find of the Sniper without searching thru a lot of pictures .
For most people I guess the Sniper is a lot like owning a 6 cyl ,you either love them or you don't .
20230715_131144.jpg

I liked my Aussie 250 head with the Holley also used it on the Aluminum head. After a little tuning it ran great. I guess you changed the fuel filter also? Here are a couple of links.

Back