Would this be possible???

A

Anonymous

Would it be possible to through a TBI unit on our sixes?? Has it ever been discussed? Ive been looking for a 2 barrel carb for my setup and I keep running into these TBI units and started throwing some ideas in my head LOL How much of a problem would it be? Its been so long since Ive even messed with one Ive totaly forgotted what has to be hooked up to get one to work. Just an idea I had. Damn ebay. :D

it should be possible, you'd run into about the same problems with a carb though, stuff like the end cylinders leaning out, and the fact that you would have the same restriction of the one carb hole
i think that Holley made a TBI unit for the six, it might've been for the 300 though

xecute has talked about two TBI units, each feeding three cylinders, from all that i remember, that sounds like the easiest, best use of TBI
do a search for "Twinduction" that should pull up his post about it

As Jack has said, the stock log has a Canadian Log Jam when it comes to fuel/air delievery!

The set-up mentioned above deals with that in the most cost effective way I can think of. Mustang Geezers twin Carter set up is what its copied off, so useless trying to pass it of as my idea.

Instead to two 1-bbl carbs, you just run two TBI/CFI Aussie Falcon injection units. They flow up about 160 hp with just one, so two is right up on the fuel delivery. I cannot stress enough that TBI has poor mixture atomisation, inferior to many carbs. The advantage is that

a) the wet plumbing and control of the fuel air mix is very simple.
b) 82 and 84 Corvettes ran this kind of system effectivley.
c) the wetted perimeter is reduced to a minimum. Ecconomy is better, and the heat stove doesn't spend all the time boiling gas.
d) the big ports know get a pretty clean shot on things.

MustangGeezers set-up is the key. A retuned Delco P4 calpack or SDS or Megasquirt, and you could do it easily with either the GM or Taurus TBI set-ups. Or even just a set of two 32/36 Webers or 5200 Holley~Webers. The idea is to get rid of any nasty 90 degree bends like the stockers have. Just leave all the stock log stuff there, and ensure the throttle bodies are set-up on a tall alloy plate which allows the fuel air mix to be placed between cylinders 2 an3 and 4 and 5. The sucking pulses are then set-up so nothing gets over or underfueled.

My Twinduction set-up is a port efi system, a little different, but still has the log head intact, and its doesn't require amazing scalpal skills to fit either.

Back