Paxton Supercharger.

From Paradise Wheels, Craig Conley. I've been helping Aaron and guiding him through his EFI and blower installation in hopes his install goes smooth.
I seen his video this morning with it fired up & the blower operational . Sounded pretty darn good to me .

I'd love to see one on my 200 when I finally get the CI alumn head installed . Who knows maybe enough ac sidework will happen this summer that I can get an early Christmas present .

I seen his video this morning with it fired up & the blower operational . Sounded pretty darn good to me .

I'd love to see one on my 200 when I finally get the CI alumn head installed . Who knows maybe enough ac sidework will happen this summer that I can get an early Christmas present .
Christmas came early.
And the alumn head still is'nt on. Boy when you go online looking at parts it's just like going to a thrift store . You find an item you want ,need, have that's cheap & you have to buy it because when you come back later after thinking about it,the whatever is gone .Screenshot_20230524-175614_eBay.jpg

From Paradise Wheels, Craig Conley. I've been helping Aaron and guiding him through his EFI and blower installation in hopes his install goes smooth.
Anything InParticular i should be aware of when i install the Paxton ? Been running a 2300Sniper & Hyperspark for sometime on my 200 all seems good .
The eng is stock other than a split header for now. Also the 2300 is on a small log head thru a 2x1 adaptor .

I appreciate any info you can give or enlighten me with .
Thanks

Man what a let down Saturday , opened that fed ex box expecting a gold shiney one like the picture and this is what I finally got unwrapped. I'll order the kit less the Paxton from Paradise Wheels on Tuesday.

Then it will be on like Donkey Kong.
View attachment 16714
For what it's worth this got sent back . Turned out to not be what it was sold to be . Have a reman Paxton SN89 to replace it .

Anything InParticular i should be aware of when i install the Paxton ? Been running a 2300Sniper & Hyperspark for sometime on my 200 all seems good .
The eng is stock other than a split header for now. Also the 2300 is on a small log head thru a 2x1 adaptor .

I appreciate any info you can give or enlighten me with .
Thanks
I've helped a few members and in the process of compiling a good practices and lessons learned write up. I post a few things here in the next few days.

Anything InParticular i should be aware of when i install the Paxton ?
belt alignment is critical and a seriously solid SC mount is needed. Under RPM accel the crank will try to pull the SC toward crank pulley. Belt alignment / tension/ wrap -trial (and error) almost expected.

an AFR gauge/meter before driving out of garage is good idea

SC should add significant reliable power if engine runs with reliable oil pressure and fuel and ignition management before boost is added .

under boost, crankcase / VC venting needs adequate attention or blowby and sealing problems will be excessive

not sure with Sniper but the carb Hat position and carb'd vent tube ext's were essential to smooth NA ot boost.

hav e fun

belt alignment is critical and a seriously solid SC mount is needed. Under RPM accel the crank will try to pull the SC toward crank pulley. Belt alignment / tension/ wrap -trial (and error) almost expected.

an AFR gauge/meter before driving out of garage is good idea

SC should add significant reliable power if engine runs with reliable oil pressure and fuel and ignition management before boost is added .

under boost, crankcase / VC venting needs adequate attention or blowby and sealing problems will be excessive

not sure with Sniper but the carb Hat position and carb'd vent tube ext's were essential to smooth NA ot boost.

hav e fun

Well the sniper has a afr gauge in the handheld . From what I read the 2300 should be good up to 14 psi , & I'm not planning on anymore than what that Paxton puts out ,about 4 to 6. Hopefully the bracket install kit from Paradise Wheels takes care of the alignment on the belt . After watching a video of a paxton install with the kit I know their will most definely have to be some additional braceing added .

The eng seems to be in good shape the 3 or 4 years I've driven it but , the Paxton is another whole different game.

It just seems like an eaiser option than a turbo ,even if it's less power .

"It just seems like an eaiser option than a turbo ,even if it's less power ."

easier is debatable since similar forced induction fuel and ignition management is essential but sure is nicer under hood without the typically hot turbo and tubes'.

Vortech V2 specs are @ 680 HP at 20PSI boost at 50,000RPM Impeller speed. Vortech doesn't require an intercooler in it's ratings.

With serpentine 6.125” (5.0 V8) Ribbed Crank Pulley and 2.5” Supercharger pulley, the two pulley sizes and internal SC step-up gearing yields an IMPELLER rotation speed calculated at @ 22,000 RPM at cruise speed with engine RPM @ 2500RPM.
At typical 250 SIX upper shift point of @ 5,000 RPM the Supercharger impeller speed approaches 45,000 RPM !. Calculating to an Impeller speed @ 750 Revolutions per SECOND.

keep ya fingers out
hav fun

easier is debatable since similar forced induction fuel and ignition management is essential but sure is nicer under hood without the typically hot turbo and tubes'.

Vortech V2 specs are @ 680 HP at 20PSI boost at 50,000RPM Impeller speed. Vortech doesn't require an intercooler in it's ratings.

With serpentine 6.125” (5.0 V8) Ribbed Crank Pulley and 2.5” Supercharger pulley, the two pulley sizes and internal SC step-up gearing yields an IMPELLER rotation speed calculated at @ 22,000 RPM at cruise speed with engine RPM @ 2500RPM.
At typical 250 SIX upper shift point of @ 5,000 RPM the Supercharger impeller speed approaches 45,000 RPM !. Calculating to an Impeller speed @ 750 Revolutions per SECOND.

keep ya fingers out
hav fun

keep ya fingers out
hav fun

I learned about watching the body parts when I started helping my dad on those old Flathead Ford V8's way long time ago .

I'm hopeing the 2300 Sniper & Hyper Spark dist are smart enough to take care of the fueling & timeing . The paxton will be a learning experience & I just hope the curve isn't too sharp or steep .

I figure the worst that can happen is it breaks the 200 & I have to put my 250 in the car . The good thing is like my oldest son in law & I have talked about . It's not like no matter what happens it's got to run so I can drive it to work in the morning .

I learned about watching the body parts when I started helping my dad on those old Flathead Ford V8's way long time ago .

I'm hopeing the 2300 Sniper & Hyper Spark dist are smart enough to take care of the fueling & timeing . The paxton will be a learning experience & I just hope the curve isn't too sharp or steep .

I figure the worst that can happen is it breaks the 200 & I have to put my 250 in the car . The good thing is like my oldest son in law & I have talked about . It's not like no matter what happens it's got to run so I can drive it to work in the morning .
Went Out to the shop this morning to take a picture of the Paxton install kit . After looking at it last night & going thru the copy of I guess an orignal Paxton install guide for Falcons & Comets it seems non of the parts for braceing the Paxton are Supplied .

That should be the easy part after looking over the paper work . After watching a video on facebook of an install with a complete kit includeing the Paxton you most definitely need the braceing or run the risk of breaking off the one ear on the bracket where it attaches to the t,stat houseing . That blower was pull in toward the front core support in a bad kind of way.

Ok I guess this is where the hate post come in . The top hat in the picture with the 6 on it is off a 82 Regal turbo motor I built & have sitting in a 78 Regal Sport Coupe from 25 years or so back. The car never did meet my expectations, even before my wife broke it .

Attachments

• 20230623_102839.jpg
    20230623_102839.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
Well on July 2nd I was able to get the Paxton installed & hopefully braced up . I hope to get the crank pulley that drives the alt & Paxton installed along with the big v drive belt on July 5 th but that remains to be seen. . I like how it looks in there.

Looks great. Guess I am just jealous!
There is a reason I named my vert The Money Pit . And that
was over 3 years ago way before I got to here . I did'nt even know this was possible at that time . Now I'm this close I am getting pretty anxious to see it run with that Paxton .

I would say I wish I allready had my Alumn head & some of the other parts on allready but I been saying that for what seems like forever now . But sooner or later i will get them all on.
I think most of the members on the Vintage Mustang site think I'm a little( or maybe a lot ) off in the head putting all this effort in a 6 cylinder car .

I got to admit it does suck we 6 cylinder owners don't get any price

I would say I wish I allready had my Alumn head & some of the other parts on allready but I been saying that for what seems like forever now . But sooner or later i will get them all on.
I think most of the members on the Vintage Mustang site think I'm a little( or maybe a lot ) off in the head putting all this effort in a 6 cylinder car .

I got to admit it does suck we 6 cylinder owners don't get any price
Breaks ,is what it should finish up as .

Back