Paxton Supercharger.

Linear Six

Hi Everyone,
I'm stuck on an issue that I've asked several sources and end up getting a different answer every time.
Here is my issue. I have a 1967 Mustang with a 200 in it. I have installed a base Holley 2300 and an in-tank Holley 12-305 (255 LPH) a Paxton blow through supercharger. The fuel system is a supply only line. Its self-regulated therefore does not require a return line. I would like as much as possible to maintain the single supply line only, no return. So what I need help with is, do I require a external boost referenced fuel regulator or can the Sniper (w/2 Bar MAP sensor) regulate my fuel pressure?
your input much appreciated.

The Holley Super Sniper 2300 is the only Holley 2300 set up for a blow thru application and requires a return line to the tank.

Which 2300 do you have?

The Holley Super Sniper 2300 is the only Holley 2300 set up for a blow thru application and requires a return line to the tank.

Which 2300 do you have?
The base 2300, not the super.
I've been told by Holley that the base will work as I'm only going to produce about 5 psi of boost.

The base Sniper will work up to 1 bar of boost with its internal 2 bar MAP sensor.

The fuel pump assembly you have is internally regulated at 58psi and can work with the Sniper, it just isn't the preferred way to run without a return line. It's what is referred to as a "dead head" system, which many OE manufacturers have used. It still has some chances of fuel boil when there isn't much fuel flow or demand and under hood temps are very high. When used in a boosted application, it also lowers the available max HP the injectors can support, but unless you're close to the 350hp maximum the Sniper 2300 will support on gas, at 5psi you should be fine.

Last edited:
The base Sniper will work up to 1 bar of boost with its internal 2 bar MAP sensor.

The fuel pump assembly you have is internally regulated at 58psi and can work with the Sniper, it just isn't the preferred way to run without a return line. It's what is referred to as a "dead head" system, which many OE manufacturers have used. It still has some chances of fuel boil when there isn't much fuel flow or demand and under hood temps are very high. When used in a boosted application, it also lowers the available max HP the injectors can support, but unless you're close to the 350hp maximum the Sniper 2300 will support on gas, at 5psi you should be fine.
Thank you for your response. This is what I thought as well, but others have said definitely not possible. So I will complete my installation this way and see what happens.

Not many supercharger projects on the forum, here's a few comments on my forced induction project:

.. the 2300 is one of easiest carbs to convert to blow-through. Internet site 'hangar 18' mods will walk through conversion. Also newly available and affordable 'reverse' carb power valve can be used to enable enrichment under boost.

. . .

..... attempted to go 'dead head' with the Maverick / Vortech 250 fuel system but decided for simple return to tank setup. Summit fuel pump near tank - Aeromotive boost referenced Bypass regulator and 3/8 bendable brake line return to filler tube in trunk..

. . .

250 / Vortech uses DSII distrib (OEM) 'locked out' at 26 degrees plus vac advance until boost. Ignition is simple GM type HEI module ( Pertronix with programmable rev' limiter).. Boost gauges to charge/blow off tube and intake manifold with wide band AFR complete engine monitors.

Ford Small Block Six 250 CID inline . Stock block and cam with blueprinted matched 60 cc chamber head, HD V8 valve springs, ARP head bolts. Holley 2300 - 7448 2Bbl heavily modified for blow-through/ boost, Aeromotive 1:1 boost referenced regulator and FI electric pump and return at tank. Flame Thrower HEI ignition - DS II distributor modified with boost advance limiting. Vortech V-2 centrifugal supercharger with pulley ratio boost for inline six 250' powerband. Centerforce weighted clutch, T5-Z 'Cobra' 5 Speed overdrive, 3.80 rear. Wide-band AFR and pre/post carb boost gauges. AM radio and bench seat.

. .

Vortech V2 specs are @ 680 HP at 20PSI boost at 50,000RPM Impeller speed.
... been running' @ 3 years with no significant problems but lots of tweaking and boosting...

Have Fun

Last edited:
Currently solely street driving and with small 2.5" driven pulley - 5-8lbs boost easily on accel' and when revved can exceed 15 (quickly). Have a set of forged pistons, needs better cam, fuel and ignition mods etc ... , but as built simple fun and reliability cautions me from tearing it apart - yet ...

Forced induction can make 'there's no replacement for displacement' and 'it's just a six' simply insignificant.

have fun

previous turbo project - draw thru BOP setup

What did you use as a drive pulley and how is it coupled to the balancer? I have a Vortech V2 that I want to mate to my 200ci.

Vortech V2 - Uses the oil pressure sensor port for oil supply and returns to the upper Oil Pan.

Block oil pressure sensor port used for Vortech, Fuel Pump safety switch , Mechanical gauge and OEM idiot lamp.
Uses a handy air fitting splitter and simple brake line :

Return is much larger Hi-Temp Hydro hose to tapped oil pan fitting - Fuel Pump Block off is used as open crankcase vent.

have fun

Vortech V2 - Uses the oil pressure sensor port for oil supply and returns to the upper Oil Pan.

Block oil pressure sensor port used for Vortech, Fuel Pump safety switch , Mechanical gauge and OEM idiot lamp.
Uses a handy air fitting splitter and simple brake line :

Return is much larger Hi-Temp Hydro hose to tapped oil pan fitting - Fuel Pump Block off is used as open crankcase vent.

have fun
Thanks! Sorry to take so long to reply, life gets in the way of cars sometimes... still building, engine is on the test stand as we speak.. but no S'charger yet..

Not sure how to fab' serpentine setup for a 200, here's a link to my adapting a SBF pulley to the PS drive pulley on 250's:

hav efun

. .
Thanks Powerband, thats what I had imagined.. I'll let ya know how it all turns out. I'm moving to Pagosa Springs, Co. and have developed a private Classic restoration/ Hotrod business called Night Project, LLC.

Not many supercharger projects on the forum, here's a few comments on my forced induction project:

.. the 2300 is one of easiest carbs to convert to blow-through. Internet site 'hangar 18' mods will walk through conversion. Also newly available and affordable 'reverse' carb power valve can be used to enable enrichment under boost.

. . .

..... attempted to go 'dead head' with the Maverick / Vortech 250 fuel system but decided for simple return to tank setup. Summit fuel pump near tank - Aeromotive boost referenced Bypass regulator and 3/8 bendable brake line return to filler tube in trunk..

. . .

250 / Vortech uses DSII distrib (OEM) 'locked out' at 26 degrees plus vac advance until boost. Ignition is simple GM type HEI module ( Pertronix with programmable rev' limiter).. Boost gauges to charge/blow off tube and intake manifold with wide band AFR complete engine monitors.

Ford Small Block Six 250 CID inline . Stock block and cam with blueprinted matched 60 cc chamber head, HD V8 valve springs, ARP head bolts. Holley 2300 - 7448 2Bbl heavily modified for blow-through/ boost, Aeromotive 1:1 boost referenced regulator and FI electric pump and return at tank. Flame Thrower HEI ignition - DS II distributor modified with boost advance limiting. Vortech V-2 centrifugal supercharger with pulley ratio boost for inline six 250' powerband. Centerforce weighted clutch, T5-Z 'Cobra' 5 Speed overdrive, 3.80 rear. Wide-band AFR and pre/post carb boost gauges. AM radio and bench seat.

. .

Vortech V2 specs are @ 680 HP at 20PSI boost at 50,000RPM Impeller speed.
... been running' @ 3 years with no significant problems but lots of tweaking and boosting...

Have Fun
I do like the AM radio and especially the bench seat...

Look
Hi Everyone,
I'm stuck on an issue that I've asked several sources and end up getting a different answer every time.
Here is my issue. I have a 1967 Mustang with a 200 in it. I have installed a base Holley 2300 and an in-tank Holley 12-305 (255 LPH) a Paxton blow through supercharger. The fuel system is a supply only line. Its self-regulated therefore does not require a return line. I would like as much as possible to maintain the single supply line only, no return. So what I need help with is, do I require a external boost referenced fuel regulator or can the Sniper (w/2 Bar MAP sensor) regulate my fuel pressure?
your input much appreciated.
On the Vintage 6 Mustang facebook site . Aron Auston just posted about a 6 he has a Paxton supercharger on & I think he has a 2300 Sniper on it.

Where did you source your Paxton from ?

Look

On the Vintage 6 Mustang facebook site . Aron Auston just posted about a 6 he has a Paxton supercharger on & I think he has a 2300 Sniper on it.

Where did you source your Paxton from ?
From Paradise Wheels, Craig Conley. I've been helping Aaron and guiding him through his EFI and blower installation in hopes his install goes smooth.

Back