Mallory Dual Point Distributor ZC313A

Sickboy49

I am starting a new thread because the first thread was about HEI, and then the Mallory Dual Point. So in order to help anyone in the future I started this thread. So I came across a Mallory Dual Point Distributor because I do not want to go the electronic route. I am searching for a cap, rotor, points and condenser for the unit. Manglass (Thank you) gave me a link to a site where someone may be able to help me locate parts:

I am also trying my local NAPA and an independent parts store near me. I will keep a list here of newer parts that will work in this unit. In my research I found the following:

Points Part Number Original: 24875-B
Points Part Number Echlin: CS2301

Thanks Bubba! I saw that 2040 listing yesterday, but I have never used that site since it looks a little "wonky" for buying things off of. Anybody order off 2040? I will check out the Ebay listing today. Also i am attaching a bunch of information I found yesterday. Setup guides... original part listings, and possibly some Enchlin part numbers

Attachments

• frm34556_2572001_2572101_2527501.pdf
    242.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Mallory.JPG
    Mallory.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Mallory-Dual-Point-Instructions.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • Mallory-Echlin Part numbers rotor and cap.jpg
    Mallory-Echlin Part numbers rotor and cap.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 4
  • ZC-YC.pdf
    86.8 KB · Views: 1
unfortunately only 2 of 5 from post #3 show.
I went to "2040" & gota Philly realtor rather than a clear-up of the 2 missing...
8^ 0

yeah, right
oh, kouwell! Usually such symbols mean 'dead to me".
Thnx

What an adventure this has been. I have spent the last 3 evenings cross-referencing Mallory part numbers to any parts manufacturer that I can find. Below is a list of parts that will (hopefully) work with this dizzy. I am taking it to the parts store Friday to verify.

Mallory Dual Point ZC313A Parts List

Distributor
Model: ZC Type: 313A
Original Distributor Number: FEG 12127B
Distributor Cap
Original 2 piece: 4002
Napa/Echlin: MA10 - discontinued
POSSIBLE MA6 or AL63*
POSSIBLE Standard Motor SMPAL96
POSSIBLE: Napa/Echlin CS2301/CS231*
Rotor
Original: 4215
Napa/Echlin: MA7 - This is correct. However it is salty at $39.00
Condenser:
Jeg’s Part number: 650-400

* NAPA can have these shipped in or are available readily

Last edited:
So this saga continues...... I went to clean up the distributor last night and found that the vacuum advance piston and spring are missing. I am going to call the gentlemen that took over bubbasigination (thank you Manglass) to see if he can do anything for me. I will keep you all posted.

The gentlemen that was listed on bubbasignition web site still rebuilds the old Mallory units. Depending what they need the cost is around $200. The project is back on track on.... WooHoo! Below is his information for anyone else that needs to rebuild their distributor.

CHARLIE SCHWENDLER
5845 COLE ROAD
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. 14127
PHONE : 716-440-8952 CELL
716-662-9159
E-Mail: cas5845@yahoo.com

Last edited:
U just like him cuz he's w/in 275 mi
aahahahaa
8^ 0

So I updated the parts lists of what works and what doesn't. Still searching for a modern replacement distributor cap, points, and condenser.

NAPA? (has ol ford tractor stuff, marine). NPD? (has some old stuff)...
Holley owns them now
Oh, now I C U got that...

Last edited:
A lot of boat engines used Mallory Distributors back in the day, might be another direction to search in for a cap ?
DannyG

Chad and Danny... thank you for the advice I have been searching marine places as well. Still no luck, but I am going to keep searching.

Quick thought. I bet the points that work in the Loadomatic will work in the Mallory. I will have to check when I get it back from the rebuild.

Quick thought. I bet the points that work in the Loadomatic will work in the Mallory. I will have to check when I get it back from the rebuild.
That or matching up some other points from who know what. I'd be looking at different ones to try to find a match. Then you'd have easy replacements. Points are points as far as function.

Getting the distributor back from the rebuild today. I should have it installed this weekend. Fingers crossed that it works better then the load-o-matic.

Getting the distributor back from the rebuild today. I should have it installed this weekend. Fingers crossed that it works better then the load-o-matic.
Good deal! Did you find a source for replacement points?

Back