Holley Sniper 2300 install complete

zukeeny1

I just completed installing a Holley Sniper 2300 on my 65 Falcon 200 inline. I previously had a manual choke Autolite 2100 mounted to the intake that had a 2 bbl machined conversion. The entire install included a Holley 12-305 combination in-the-tank fuel pump/ sender unit, 565-315 Hyperspark Distributor, 554-155 Bosch Wide Band O2 Sensor, 556-151 Hyperspark Ignition Box, 556-152 Hyperspark Ignition Coil, 550-849 Sniper Throttle Body unit (used from fellow Falcon Club member), 543-120 Temp Sensor, 558-328 Wiring Harness, 60 PSI Fuel Pressure Gauge. The install went well, all Plug-and Play. The engine has never ran so well as it does now. Much increased power, great take-off. Start and go, no warming up needed. No RFI issues encountered. The old 2100 carb set-up would have me putting the C-4 in neutral at a stop light with the AC on to avoid stalling, even with idle set at around 980rpm. No problems with that now because of more apparent torque, power(?). This thing really sucks the air, can hear it with the hood closed. The thing I worry about now is that if it ever fails, I won't have a clue as to how to fix it on the side of the road. I have to work on lowering the angle of the throttle / kick down cable mounts near the throttle plate to get more WOT.

Sounds like a complete success. Bolt on power is good if you can get it.

Back