Aluminum Head Update 8/28/06

clocking some good numbers at the races might help increase demand

I am in for the new head, at the very least. Waiting patiently....

The heads look very nice! Yes, heads, plural. I've got two of them! ;)
One is already at the machine shop getting the valve job done. I'll drop the other one off today.
One is of course going into Kelly's Falcon which will still be running a carb. The other is getting the injector bungs drilled for injectors, and the entire head will be polished. This one is for the Julian Bros. "ICE" motor project.
I will definately be posting up pics of the head/motor when completed. This thing is going to look amazing!!!

You know what the best part is? Everytime that I physically pick up the alum. head, out of habit, I prepare myself for the heavy weight like it's a old Log or Oz head!
Then I practically throw the head through the roof during the lift! :banana:

I think Mike should charge a little extra for the alum. head because of the lower Chiropractor bills that we all would've had to pay with the old heads! LOL!
I'll keep ya posted!
Will

Does10s":1palkak7 said:
I think Mike should charge a little extra for the alum. head because of the lower Chiropractor bills that we all would've had to pay with the old heads! LOL!
I'll keep ya posted!
Will

After having my motor apart it woul have been really nice to have had one of these new heads... its not all that easy to get it over the radiator and on the motor... even for a youngin liek myself... anyone have a weight of the head? it may have been posted but I dont remember

I thought the manufactured in Aus was a joke? Something about helium injection during the casting process so they could be floated over? Silly Addo.

Kirk

I'll weigh the head again along with an Oz and Log head.
But the last time I checked the weight difference was 26.5lbs. That should put the head around 50lbs.
However it seems a lot lighter than that.
So I'll do the "official" weigh-in when I get them back from the machine shop.

Also if any of you guys are in the Tucson area and want to see the head, just let me know!

Later,
Will

Let's just remember to compare apples to apples. The OEM log-head weight should be compared to Mike's new head with an intake manifold, not just the head. Ditto for the Oz head.

I would think the new head itself should weigh aobut 30 pounds. At my job we use al bars that are pretty much the same size as an inline head and they weigh 33lbs each. I can hardly wait to hear the numbers.

Does10s, I might be cruising that way on part of a cross-country deal to Alabama and Jersey, think if I stopped by you'd let me drive the car? I'd be really interested. =)

Guys what are the prices for one oe these hease with the intake? I'm looking into buying one for my car. any idea on the fuel injection? that would also spark an intrest to me. When will the heads be open to buy?

~1500 for a head.. not sure what that includes, but so far that is the guesstamate..

won't know final pricing on packages till they are release for sale.

all heads/intakes have injector bungs and I believe mike will be offereing an efi package from what the "word" is.

We should know soon on alot of the details as it gets closer to release time.
We are all very excited to finally have US made and available top end for these motors.

and to say it one more time. thanks mike for all your hard work. I don't have a car at this moment (should only be a year or so before I can get one, stupid wife in school taking all my money hehehe) and this will be on my shopping list for sure!

Back