All Small Six Rocker Assembly Washer/Plate Missing

This relates to all small sixes
Hi fellas,

I was priming my motor today when I noticed that I was getting little to no oil flow through my 250's rocker shaft. I also noticed that at the main oil galley/bolt, there is a pear shaped washer that is missing. I suspect this is why my rocker shaft is getting such little flow throughout (assuming i did not forget a galley plug and the machine shop installed my cam bearings correctly). It goes beneath the bolt and acts as a cover on the shaft. I'm curious to know if you guys ever came across a supplier for one of these, if not im perfectly fine just machining one for my needs. Here's some attached photos of what I mean:

Here the washer/plate is installed on a the shaft

Inline 6 rocker shaft #2.jpg

Here is mine:
My Inline 6 rockers.jpg

You could try calling Rocker Arms Unlimited http://rockerarms.com/
to see if you can get one they are in California. Otherwise if you can make your own flat block off plate that might be the way to go. Best of luck.

That end of the line rocker shaft pedestal is an oil dump even with the cover on. Some recommend replacing it with the standard pedestal to improve rocker oiling.

Check the "rocker seizing on shaft" thread.

Last edited:
That pedestal dumps oil on the distributor gear. Only solid lifter blocks came with that, I would get rid of it iiwy.

Back