paxton mounting bracket number ?

falconcritter

Supporter 2023
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2018
does anybody know the part number for paxton mounting bracket? for small six 144,170,200,250

There is no part number, you have to make a custom bracket!
It not real hard but you'l love your self after.....

What about that dealer kit from the '60s? Kinky6 bought the one off Ebay, didn't he? It had a cast webbed bracket - bet there was a Ford P/N for that (even if not marked).

What about that dealer kit from the '60s? Kinky6 bought the one off Ebay, didn't he? It had a cast webbed bracket - bet there was a Ford P/N for that (even if not marked).

Addo's,
is right there was one we all saw in a picture, but no information on it and I doubt you can find one, you can design and make one much faster ;)

paxton1.jpg

paxton2.jpg

This is but one way to mount a Paxton Supercharger, this is mounted to the A/C bracket (A/C unit removed) mounted on the passanger side, as I have power steering it's the only place I could make it fit! You could probably adapt a power steering bracket or make a bracket using the power steering mounting points! No one is currently selling a kit for our Ford inline sixes and if they did they would be $2,795.00 like the one Paxton offers for the early 289/302 Mustangs, I have under $1,000 in my supercharger, bracket, bonnett, hoses, Paxton supercharger rebuild kit, etc..etc..

hey ben, who much trouble was it to get the pulley and belt all too line up . did you need the hole kit you got in front of you too make it work?

I just measured (eyeballed) the belts and marked the bracket where it needed to be on the A/C bracket and drilled holes, it's maybe less than 1/8 off, but I have never thrown a belt in over two years use! If you don't have power steering I'd mount it on the driver side, that way you don't have to move your battery to the trunk and you'll have more room and better angles to run you hoses to the carb! It also wood be easier to install an intercooler then the passinger side! But remember you will not see much HP gain unless you have larger cam and better intake and exhaust, the Paxton uses about 32 hp to make boost so if your engine built up using a supercharger only produces an extra 75 hp you'll only see half of that :shock: This is why so many are going turbo ;)

hey Ben wut kind of power r u putting to the ground with that setip u have there and how much boost r u pushin

I haven't dynoed it with the new cam (264/274) and am just now installing the new recurved non-vacumn distributer, all I can say for now is it gets second gear (C3) rubber with about 1/4 throttle :shock: I do plan on dynoing it and taking it to Fomosa (Local 1/4 mile track) in Sept or October when it cools down here (Been 101-109 past 25 days) in Bakersfield. The Paxton is was boosting 8-10 psi before the bigger cam and head work on my Aussie 2v now it's boosts 4-5 psi which just shows that the engine is less resticted and make more HP than before 8) I'll updat all here when I get it dynoed and track results ;)

Here's a couple of prictures from the last car show I attended.
show03.jpg

show04.jpg

show06.jpg

show07.jpg

ben wut paxton supercharger is that cause i just looked on their site and cant find one that looks the same as the one u have

or do they not make it anymore

Mine is a Paxton SN-89 it's a early model found on 87-89 Ford Mustangs they made sn-60 sn-89 sn-92 models and probably more they all look about the same and all are made to produce about 6-8 psi on a mostly stock engine, they make great lowend power, they are fun to drive around on the street and the engine bay dosen't get as hot as with a turbo. But if your looking for all the power you can get go turbo.

Mine is a Paxton SN-89 it's a early model found on 87-89 Ford Mustangs they made sn-60 sn-89 sn-92 models and probably more they all look about the same and all are made to produce about 6-8 psi on a mostly stock engine, they make great lowend power, they are fun to drive around on the street and the engine bay dosen't get as hot as with a turbo. But if your looking for all the power you can get go turbo.
Ben what did you use for a crank pulley fo drive the paxton?

From what I remember he used the stock crank pulley. That's why he switched the supercharger pulley to a vbelt. Ben and his son post on Facebook. Not the Vintage Mustang 6 group but I think it is the Vintage Inline group.

Back