How far have they gone

Ive been looking at these inline 6s for awhile now. Currently have an 800hp turbo 351w. How far have people taken these things? I want to know exact combos, not presumed power when the car is together. I have access to cam cores so if i can get a bottom end under it the power will come. Big or small block, which blocks and decks seem to hold up the best. Im not interested in doing anything over 4 liters, want to keep the weight down, and long rods and big boost is sketch.

Enlighten me!

Brazilians are doing wack stuff with stock casting GM 250s. Materials should be similar so I'm interested in partying with one of these.

I'm not interested in doing anything over 4 liters, want to keep the weight down, and long rods and big boost is sketch.
The most stout block and crank in the 4 liter range is the 240 six big block.
It shares the same block as the 300 six so it will weight close to the same with the crankshaft weight being the only difference.

The closest thing to " I want to know exact combos, not presumed power when the car is together" is the Power Nation video showing a turbocharged 300 six on a dyno. They made 522 hp and 597 torque on only 13.2 lbs of boost.
They will be doing another video in 2022 where I'm sure they will be well over 600 hp with additional boost.
The stock connecting rods will need to be replaced with aftermarket rods first.

I can answer any questions you may have about the components used in that build.

Will your engine be for racing or street or a combination of both?

Last edited:
The most stout block and crank in the 4 liter range is the 240 six big block.
It shares the same block as the 300 six so it will weight close to the same with the crankshaft weight being the only difference.

The closest thing to " I want to know exact combos, not presumed power when the car is together" is the Power Nation video showing a turbocharged 300 six on a dyno. They made 522 hp and 597 torque on only 13.2 lbs of boost.
They will be doing another video in 2022 where I'm sure they will be well over 600 hp with additional boost.
The stock connecting rods will need to be replaced with aftermarket rods first.

I can answer any questions you may have about the components used in that build.

Will your engine be for racing or street or a combination of both?
the 240 big is where i was leaning. I have a lot of Australian friends that could get me a crossflow head so I wouldnt have that crutch. BBC rods and a custom piston seem a given. If I cant do 1500+ flywheel on a combo like this it wont be for me however

the 240 big is where i was leaning. I have a lot of Australian friends that could get me a crossflow head so I wouldnt have that crutch. BBC rods and a custom piston seem a given. If I cant do 1500+ flywheel on a combo like this it wont be for me however
I wasn't aware that there was a crossflow head to fit the 240/300 six.
How much does the intake port flow?

Important question: What type of racing will you be doing with this engine?

Welcome to the Ford Six forum LukeyB! The Australian Cross Flow heads are based on the Ford Small Block Six, so it's not going to fit on either of the the Ford 240 or 300 big block six'es. Those Cross Flow Heads can be easily fitted onto the US Ford 200 and 250 small six short blocks though. If you have good friends in Austraila that can help you than I would also look into getting one the Barra Inline Six's some of them are pushing that engine up to 2,000 HP Range. Good Luck

+1 on what bubba22349 said.
If you want an engine with 1500HP+ potential, the Barra 4.0L engine is the way to go.

Do a Google search "Barra engine for sale in US" and you'll find several people selling them.

Back