Have we been going about this all wrong? Discussion welcomed

So with air brakes, depending on the size of the air line, if you use a 90 degree fitting it adds 6” for “timing”. 45 degrees adds 3”. Engine masters did a test on intake tubes before the throttle body and the performance was hindered by a 90 degree sharp bend in the piping and half as much if there was a 45 degree bend. I like how the cylinder head for the 250 shown earlier looked like it had 45 degree to the intake valve. This might be optimal as we cant put an intake runner, or exhaust, straight with the valve. I wonder how much better that head would have been if you would have mirrored the exhaust ports to the intake and then flipped them to the opposite side like a cross flowhead. I understand this would then ask the exhaust to make 315 degree turn to run it under a vehicle but with long mandrel bends it may not hurt so much especially with large enough ports and headers. Or we could just do a zoomie out the fender and it would only make an additional 45 bend to go out. So maybe split the difference and have it come out at 60 degrees? Going back to the intake side, you might be able to make it where the injectors are mounted to the head giving it a better shot to the valve. What do you guys think? 90 degree V shaped head for best air flow and more power? I would imagine this would improve both tq and hp.
Edit: maybe even more efficient and simplified if done with an over head cam?

Since so much advancement have been made in the CNC industry with the cost of doing business, and machines becoming cheaper and more affordable to the masses, a CNC water jacketed head has been done for close to 10 years now by at least one major racing cylinder head manufacturer. So, spending 10's of thousands of dollars to make casting patterns and going through the whole casting process has become almost extinct and no longer a cost effective way to make a cylinder head. Also, Brodix has made 2 piece intake manifolds for V8's for over 15 years now, so making a 2 piece intake for an inline using a CNC mill is very easy and takes away a great expense of having to create patterns and have one cast. Technology has finally caught up and replaced many of the century long methods of making parts.....
Pety Fuser engines in Brazil is doing a billet cylinder head and block. He also broke the record for a 4 cylinder billet porche/vw engine making over 2000hp on 100psi.

Block.

LSM has done billet Chevy 6 cylinder blocks and heads for almost 15 years now. They've done a lot of billet Cummins race blocks and heads also for the growing diesel performance market. CNC has just about made casting blocks and heads obsolete. It's much cheaper to CNC just one head than it is to make the patterns and then machine the head as a casting.....The cost of machines is growing more and more affordable, even to people that never saw themselves being able to buy one....

Back