Getting lower compression...

Cobra six, I think you are running a 200ci motor with an 2V head? I just built a cast iron x-flow, its a 200ci also. I used ACL Race pistons designed for the 250. They have an 8.5 cc dish. I had the block decked so the pistons are flush with it. A gasket of about .040 thou therefore gives good quench while compression is 8.3 to 1, which is good for a turbo without losing too much bottom end.

The ACL Race pistons are not forged. They are cast Hypereutectic (above 13% silicon content) making then pretty tuff. They use thinner rings which also add to the performance value. The best feature of them is no cast or drilled oil ring drainback slot. There is no hole in the piston, they have cleverly cast it to drain oil without any holes. They are lighter and come with lighter gudgeon pins than a stock piston.

Here is the website to check out http://www.acl.com.au/web/aclwebsite.nsf go to "Customer service" then choose "Techfax" then click on the link for Techfax then click on "performance" then "Ford 250/4.1".

The compression height is 38.86mm. They aslo make super leightweights for the OZ 250 using the OZ 200 verly long rods That piston has a very small compression height.

The US falcons have different height blocks, but bore size is the same. If you check the US 200 piston compression height and compare it you will know if it works or not.

Dom

Back