Wanted Forged Crankshaft, Fine Tooth Timing Gears

Marbleman60

Need a 66-69 F600 (or other Ford Power industrial motor) forged crank (300CI), plus a set of fine tooth steel timing gears. Alternatively would possibly be interested in a lightened stock crank. Also looking for upgraded Pistons and rods if anyone has a spare set they want to sell. Also open to rockers and push rods.

Located in Central Pennsylvania. Happy to pay for shipping. Name your price for the parts.

Welcome to the Ford six forum.
It would help if we knew if you were doing a naturally aspirated or power adder build to determine what compression ratio pistons you need.
I invite you to start your own thread in the 240-300 "Big Block" section.

The part numbers you seek for a forged crankshaft are either C5TE-6303-F or C6TE-6303-G
Not all HD or industrial engines had forged cranks. They were gradually phased out.
good luck

Welcome to the Ford six forum.
It would help if we knew if you were doing a naturally aspirated or power adder build to determine what compression ratio pistons you need.
I invite you to start your own thread in the 240-300 "Big Block" section.

Going to be turbo. Aiming for 500+ HP. Going to do everything I can to the block for longevity. Promaxx cnc head. Etc.

Going to be turbo. Aiming for 500+ HP. Going to do everything I can to the block for longevity. Promaxx cnc head. Etc.
I see you have been doing your homework here.
Let us know if you have any specific questions on part combinations or turbochargers.

I see you have been doing your homework here.
Let us know if you have any specific questions on part combinations or turbochargers.
Thanks!

I'm working with Dale from WI, who did the sleeper turbo 300 truck and more lately the wild compound super-turbocharger equipped all white 300.

Trying to learn enough so I can figure out what I want in an overpowered street truck that will have occasional towing duty, but can still do a fast 4x4 1/8th mile run, while lasting a decent while.

Dale is a very creative thinker and I'm very appreciative that he has taken the time to share his projects in detail.
Dale has been a long time advocate of using the stock bottom end and demonstrating that it can survive boost with very careful attention to tuning.

I see that you are looking more in the direction of longevity and larger safety margins with the overkill approach. (My favorite approach)
Is Dale OK with that?

Last edited:
Dale is a very creative thinker and I'm very appreciative that he has taken the time to share his projects in detail.
Dale has been a long time advocate of using the stock bottom end and demonstrating that it can survive boost with very careful attention to tuning.

I see that you are looking more in the direction of longevity and larger safety margins with the overkill approach. (My favorite approach)
Is Dale OK with that?
Dale seems to be okay with it. I want to give him artistic license with the performance aspect of it. I know the stock bottom end can take a punishing, but I want this truck to be an heirloom. I may even get a brand new block for it off ebay. Honestly isn't much more expensive than machine shop work for the stock block.

His main argument was if a stock bottom end gives out, it's just a stock bottom end, and another good running 300 can be found for a few hundred bucks. I'd rather have a more robust setup, even if catastrophic failure would cost thousands in parts.

He said his recipe for a 500 hp build and a 700 hp build is largely similar, with the 700 hp build using the best parts. That much power could result in potential drivetrain failures, but the truck already has upgraded diffs, custom driveshafts, and a ZF5 swap. I'm not sure what the limits are. It also definitely could go either way with regards to street driveability vs pure power.

If you are working closely with Dale, I don't want to interfere or suggest something contrary.

The big difference in a 500 hp build and a 700 hp build is the RPM range of the power band.
A 500 to 600 hp build can be accomplished by 5500 rpm with just a change in boost and still have fairly good boost starting just after 2000 rpm.
Dale has a Lunati cam grind that he likes to use.

A 700 hp build will need the power band raised with a more aggressive cam and larger turbocharger.

So it depends on where you want the low end power to begin.

The connecting rod choice is between the new 6.21" Molnar 300 six rod or the Compstar 6.385" small journal BBC rod.
Custom forged pistons for both.

Not sure what you have in mind for an induction or exhaust system.

Last edited:
If you are working closely with Dale, I don't want to interfere or suggest something contrary.

The big difference in a 500 hp build and a 700 hp build is the RPM range of the power band.
A 500 to 600 hp build can be accomplished by 5500 rpm with just a change in boost and still have fairly good boost starting just after 2000 rpm.
Dale has a Lunati cam grind that he likes to use.

A 700 hp build will need the power band raised with a more aggressive cam and larger turbocharger.

So it depends on where you want the low end power to begin.

The connecting rod choice is between the new 6.21" Molnar 300 six rod or the Compstar 6.385" small journal BBC rod.
Custom forged pistons for both.

Not sure what you have in mind for an induction or exhaust system.
Yep. All makes sense to me.

Those rods and forged pistons were definitely going to be the plan.

Induction I'm not sure what size turbo he has in mind, but exhaust I'm thinking an almost stock but higher flowing rear dump, but possibly with an electric cutout.

I want it to be a Sleeper performance wise, considering it's a regular cab long bed on a 4" pro comp lift and 33's. Wouldn't necessarily expect a truck of that size or weight to be nearly as fast. And then for it to be a little ol' 300 under the hood too? Priceless.

I'm realizing this. Really hope I can find one.
If you are interested there is a guy bythe name of Wes Pues on the Facebook 240 - 300 group that is trying to get another person on the order for a billet crank made by Molnar - you might check that route out

You are going to control both the fuel and ignition timing under boost with a OBDII MAF sensor system?
Has Dale used the OBDII for any of his engines?
I believe it uses a piggyback system of some sort, but yes, his last super-turbocharger build had functional cruise, CEL, etc etc etc.

Back