Cheap Gas, Post it here.

Update 8/27/2023

At Circle K in Garner North Carolina
89 octane non-ethanol is $3.87 a gallon.

Went down another $0.10.

Youtuber had the best luck the other day.
Many moons ago- filled my Freightliner at a convenience store that had a couple of diesel pumps out back. Just south of Detroit, for whatever reason, always had a low price there. 289 gallons @ about a buck-twenty. (I said it was a long time ago.) While hanging up the nozzle, I glanced at the total cost on the pump. A second later there was a short power surge, all power to the station went off for about 3 seconds. When it came back on the pump remained blank. Went in to pay and was getting annoyed that the girl was ignoring me, waiting on gas customers at the other end of the counter. Called her over, there was no record of my having pumped fuel. I told her what I owed, she got the manager. Not sure how he entered it into his system, but finally got a printed receipt with the correct total. He sure did appreciate my honesty.

Well...its official. There is no cheap fuel. Diesel here is $4.25. Guess I will get the s10 back out and drive it a while.

Edit: Sorry, here is North east Arkansas. Jonesboro, Ar.

Last edited:
So I had to pay 4.89.9 today for some Fuel here, last week it was 4.49.9, I guess we are way past Cheap Fuel now.

South Texas Update. I filled up at 3.09 the other day. Cheap fuel prices and high economy truck is good for my company šŸ˜. I also backed up my last fuel milage test, ran to Laredo 150 miles away and only used 7 gallons to get back. 21.4 mpg average and that was with some city/speed traps along the way and averaging 65.

South Texas Update. I filled up at 3.09 the other day. Cheap fuel prices and high economy truck is good for my company šŸ˜. I also backed up my last fuel milage test, ran to Laredo 150 miles away and only used 7 gallons to get back. 21.4 mpg average and that was with some city/speed traps along the way and averaging 65.
you'll never beat that removing the EFI. That's good mileage for 65mph.

you'll never beat that removing the EFI. That's good mileage for 65mph.
Oh i still got things i can do to eliminate parasitic loss. I also have a job tomorrow that i have to leave for first thing in the morning and im half tempted to drive 55 the whole way and see what improvement that might yield. Iā€™ll just stay on the slow lane and go early enough to miss as much traffic as possible.

Oh i still got things i can do to eliminate parasitic loss. I also have a job tomorrow that i have to leave for first thing in the morning and im half tempted to drive 55 the whole way and see what improvement that might yield. Iā€™ll just stay on the slow lane and go early enough to miss as much traffic as possible.
My 3.08 rear EFI did best @ 60 mph in OD.

I got my best of 22. plus from my 94 f150 5 Speed & same 3.08 gear in the 65MPH Range I didn't try 60 MPH though.

I got my best of 22. plus from my 94 f150 5 Speed & same 3.08 gear in the 65MPH Range I didn't try 60 MPH though.
You both have a stock cam, mine has 16* less duration than stock, so a slightly lower ideal rpm on mine makes sense. The E4 trans is taller in high gear than the 5 speed also. 60 mph= 1600 rpm on this truck.

In the city (Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane) it is now $2-30 a Litre and a litre here = 0.2 of a US Gallon. No longer what you call cheap.

Regular gas (87 Octane) at Costco in Cypress CA is now $5.43/Gal. That is an increase of over 15% in less than one month.
As of yesterday, one month after the 8/28 report that gas was $4.71/Gal, the same grade of gas at the same Costco is
now $5.65/Gallon. So, in 30 days we saw an increase of 19.96%. Hey Gavin Newsome - that buys a lot of hair gel.

That sounds like the Brown New Deal to me.

Last edited:
Back