Cheap Gas, Post it here.

63 Sprint

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2023
Figured it would be good to start a thread where cheap gas can be found.

Today only, July 4th, 2023, Sheetz is selling all grades of gas for $1.77 a gallon.

Filled up at 6:30am. Filled up truck and all cans with 93 octane. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I normally pay around $3.34 to $3.97 a gallon.

Be warned that right now there are long lines and people arguing. Reminds me about the oil embargo days in the 1970’s.

During normal days I find the cheapest gas on the Gas Buddy app. Savings can be upwards to 40 cents a gallon.

Be warned that right now there are long lines and people arguing. Reminds me about the oil embargo days in the 1970’s.
Well that was before my time but i wanted to share a similar experience i had down here in south texas. It was a few years ago when a hurricane hit New Jersey and the news reported that there was going to be a gas shortage in New Jersey cause the roads were blocked off for fuel trucks.
All anyone down here heard was FUEL SHORTAGE! And the pumps were backed up at every station and we caused our own fuel shortage cause everyone was topping off. The sad part is, this made national news of our fuel shortage because of the panic attack. Mind you you cant go 100 miles in texas without hitting a refinery and my people (who disown me cause im too light skinned) embarrassed me with this cause i had friends from the military DMing me saying what was going on in the area. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Over $2-00 AU for a litre here. Litre is 0.26 of a US Gallon. $1-00AU = 0.66 US cents.

Around $1.60 per litre X 3.78 =$6.05 per US gallon for regular gasoline here in southwestern Ontario.
Still planning on running propane $1.05 per litre.

I noticed that it’s going up here also.
But here is something real strange. I just filled up the motorcycle and non-ethanol 89 octane went down .07

At BJ’s in Garner North Carolina
87 octane is $3.38 a gallon.
93 octane is $3.91 a gallon.

At Circle K in Garner North Carolina
89 octane non-ethanol is $4.09 a gallon.

Had a small round trip this morning for work. It has been crazy windy lately so getting an accurate MPG has been hard. However, this morning it was a lot calmer and i had to fill up anyways so i figured it would be a good time to test MPG. It was an 86 mile round trip with probably about 10 of those miles having to slow down to go through town with light stop and go traffic. When i got back to the pump to top off, it ended up using exactly 4 gallons of fuel. That gave me 21.5 mpg. With that i was averaging roughly 60 mph while on the highway. Last time i tested mpg it was about 95% the same route and it gave me 18 mpg at the same speed. Cruise control used for both trips. The only thing i have done to my truck since has been an oil change, air filter change, and i put in a new O2 sensor. Also to stay on topic, i was happy to see gas at 3.22 today.

Attachments

• IMG_4959.jpeg
    IMG_4959.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Update since Friday:

At Circle K in Garner North Carolina
89 octane non-ethanol is $3.97 a gallon.

This is surprising. Dropped 12 cents since Friday afternoon.

It’s now only 6 cents more than 93 octane at BJ’s in Garner North Carolina.

Very interesting I wonder if maybe they need to divert the Corn to other uses instead of fuel or maybe there is a shortage and it's also going up in price?

Non-ethanol at Circle K just dropped another .02 cents this afternoon. I hope it keeps dropping.
Wish it'd drop here. Still 4.09- 4.17 for 89-90 octane, depending on their mood-of-the-day, sold at Shell and Amoco. Use about 25 gal a month in the grounds maintenance equipment. About 25% of that uses Stihl synthetic oil mix, so it's close to $6/gal. The cheap chain stations 87 octane non-e is the same price or more, interestingly. The difference in quality between the two is distinct, the equipment will ping and run-on with the 87.

Back