200ci Autolite vaccum

This applies only to 200ci
but the problem with this one is that when I fully press the pedal the engine stops. It doesn't do it by slightly leaving the choke.

The Economizer / Power Valve may not be working correctly to enrichen it then.

I followed the video regarding the cleaning of the power valve but nothing worked, it still does not work well. The motor shuts off when I press hard. Well I think it's time to replace this carburetor. But which carburetor to go to? my goal is not really to improve performance but not to increase gas mileage.

Have you checked out the Throttle Shaft for excessive wear on the linkage side yet? This can cause a substantial Vacuum leak right there from all the years of use, you use some Carb Spray there to test for a Vacuum Leak. There is a Remer & Bushing Kit made that will repair that worn out area of the Carb Body to like new condition for a reasonable cost.

Last edited:
yes I checked there is minimal wear at this level. What newer carburettor might be suitable as a replacement?

There is a New Carb made that is called the Daytona it is made along the design of the Holley 1904 Carb family it would be pretty much a bolt on replacement for the Carb's used on all the early 200 Six's (also the 144 & 170's too) that are using one of the Small Log Heads (Design Castings from 1960 to 1968). They are a replacement for the old 1901, 1904, 1908, 1909 Holley's & AutoLite 1100's, it would also work well with your newer 1968 Distributor, here is the link to the info on them. https://championcarburetor.com/5362...wbrdesigned-for-modern-fuelbfont-p-10720.html

There are also the Carter YF Carburetor's that Ford started using in 1972 on the 170 & 200's and the & Carter RBS Carburetor's that Ford used on the 250 six and some 200's in the mid 1970's. These would work good too if you don't mind doing some work to adapt them, they are made for the later Large Log Heads that Ford started using in 1969 up so you would need to either make a simple adapter plate out of Aluminum to tapper from a 1 3/4 inch opening down to your 1 1/2 inch Carb opening, the other way it can be done is to grind the heads Carb mounting opening enlarging it to at least a 1 3/4 inch opening fairly easy job stuff some rags into the Logs sides so you can contain the grinding debris and then use a shop vacuum to remove it. After that you will need to work on the Throttle linkage some the easiest Carter YF Carb to Adapt is the early models from about 1972 to 1973. The later ones will also run great but their linkage is designed for use with a Cable Pull type Throttle Linkage and the Pivot Point is in the wrong place to use with you current Rod Push type linkage so the Pivot Point needs to be moved below the Throttle Blade or else you can convert your car over to the Cable Throttle pedal linkage if you wanted. Best of luck

I received today the new carburettor a first problem arises: impossible to install the air filter because it touches the hood. Is there an air filter that would free up space above the carburettor?

I don't know which Air Cleaner your using is it the stock Autolite one? The Stock Ford 200 Six 1V Air Cleaners from the mid 1970's Maverick / Comet set down about the lowest, next is the Mustang 1V Six from 1970 to 1973.

Post Removed because it was redundant and repeated info already contained in the thread, asked and answered

Last edited:
Back