Aluminum head owners speak up!

Mustang_Geezer

:D :D :D

Just curious about how many aluminum head owners there are out there......

Please state what kind of carb your running, what kind of engine, vehicle and what you do with it (drag race, daily driver, offroad, etc.)

I'll start 1st... :D

66 Mustang coupe, Street/Strip 200 cubic inch 600 Holley 4 Bbl carb.

Very, very pleased with it! 8)

66 mustang 200 cid , thunder series Avs 4bbl 500 cfm edelbrock carburetor. Totally for the street.....
So far drived around the block. very very pleased how it takes off..

Wcol

Soon to release alot more info and picks, proud owner here of head and alot more, and major CI supporter, its a bargain.

wcol":1o8axiei said:
66 mustang 200 cid , thunder series Avs 4bbl 500 cfm edelbrock carburetor. Totally for the street.....
So far drived around the block. very very pleased how it takes off..

Wcol

What porting options did you take on the head if any? What size cam you running?

edit: just read your other post :)

Kelly's car of course!
'63 Falcon Futura Sedan.
250cid, turbo'd, strip/street, Holley 450 or 600 DP, blow-thru.

Later,
Will

66' Coupe
CI Products:
Al Head, Intake and Valve Cover (nude)
Holley 4V 390 (mounted perpendicular to crank)
Cam
Dual Roller Timing Chain
Harmonic Balancer / Crank Pulley
Ceramic Coated 6 into 1 Header (black inside& out).

I’m still working with it as far as tuning. With the problem I had with brakes I haven’t really been able to run it hard. I still have the rear gears to change to 3.25’s before I dial it in as well.

I am happy with the result, as well as knowing that there is still more horsepower to be had.

See ya'll on the road, Ric.

I too have a aluninium head (thats how the foreigners say it). HA HA HA.
With three 44 idf's on a hand made intake.
On a 200ci daily driven,1962 Falcon van not a econoline.

I will also be making a gear change to 3.25's the 2.75's and the tire combo is a little too tall, the motor is not on the cam soon enough for me.
Got to love the ford nine inch Ill drop in another gear set next week end.

Oh yeh, Once I got it dialed in a little better it runs pretty good.
People flip out when they here it, lumpity lump lumpity lump at an idle.
:D

I just finished building a 200 w/ the aluminium head for a customer.
-Eagle 302 rods (5.090 long)
-.787" diameter Casidium coated wrist pins
-Custom CP forged pistons
-1.5mm top and second rings and 3.0 mm oil rails
-Custom ground Comp Extreme Energy cam
-1.6 ratio rockers
-Unsrhouded reworked CI head
-Holley 470 cfm Truck avenger carb
-3-2-1 header (customer supplied, not sure of the brand, but really nice)
I'll run it on the engine dyno some time this week. We have to make some adapters for the dyno, seems Super Flo didn't foresee Ford I6s on there dynos very often :)
It should make good power. The limiting factor is the cam. We didn't want to sacrifice idle quality, so it may be on the small side. The goal of the project was to modernize the engine as much as possible, but still have an "Old School" look.
I'll keep you guys posted on the results.

I'm interested in what porting options people took out on the al head, and what their application, rev range etc is.

ap-engines":277leflm said:
I just finished building a 200 w/ the aluminium head for a customer.
-Eagle 302 rods (5.090 long)
-.787" diameter Casidium coated wrist pins
-Custom CP forged pistons
-1.5mm top and second rings and 3.0 mm oil rails
-Custom ground Comp Extreme Energy cam
-1.6 ratio rockers
-Unsrhouded reworked CI head
-Holley 470 cfm Truck avenger carb
-3-2-1 header (customer supplied, not sure of the brand, but really nice)
I'll run it on the engine dyno some time this week. We have to make some adapters for the dyno, seems Super Flo didn't foresee Ford I6s on there dynos very often :)
It should make good power. The limiting factor is the cam. We didn't want to sacrifice idle quality, so it may be on the small side. The goal of the project was to modernize the engine as much as possible, but still have an "Old School" look.
I'll keep you guys posted on the results.

What's the price tag for that kind of work?

2v XLE":20ijhuhm said:
I'm interested in what porting options people took out on the al head, and what their application, rev range etc is.

With mine I cleaned up the bowl area, shaved .020 off the head, gasket matched the exhaust and intake, installed the oversize intake valves (1.85 or 1.88" " IIRC) and had them back cut with a better 3 angle valve job.

I shift it at 6200-6300 rpms and its a street/strip motor.

Its getting a bigger cam this winter.

Later,

Hey Mootsie,
I don't want to say how much because the engine owner is on the forum. Good news is now Charlotte N.C. area has an engine dyno equipt to run small Ford sixes!
I'll start a new thread with some video.

200 w/ Holley 390 4bbl, CI/CSC 274/110, CI headers + 2.5" exhaust, Duraspark + MSD + Crane, in a '80 NB Mustang street car built for some fun in slalom and race track.

Back