223 Fuel Pump

GTPicker

Went to fire up the 63 Galaxie for the spring after new plugs and fresh oil and filter. Started it and the fuel pump started spraying fuel out the middle of the pump from the diaphragm. I was looking on Dennis Carpenter for new pumps and they have several different ones, anyone know which one I need for mine? I want to get it replaced and drive it ASAP, I just have that itch to drive it lol

20230419_201925.jpg

Hi GTPicker, the Stock 223 Fuel Pumps will look like this (see below Picture) look for that shape of the engine mounting pattern / gasket and that type Internal Lever Arm. Depending on the year of the car of truck the early ones could have a Vacuum Pump on top to be used with the Vacuum type Windshield Wipers, or a top Mounted Fuel Filter such as yours, or nothing on top like in the below picture. I really like those Top mounted Fuel Filters since they are larger than inline filter types and are fairly easy to change. Good luck

Attachments

• Ford 223 Six Carter Fuel Pump.jpg
    Ford 223 Six Carter Fuel Pump.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 0
There has been one or two site members now that went with them so far that I know of.

Back