which turbo to use?

A

Anonymous

im watching some turbochargers on ebay, but i dont know which one will be best for my 66 200, and which one will need the least amount of modifactions. The first is a Mitsubishi TEO4H. It is capable of 22psi of boost. The second i was looking at is a Garrett T3 turbocharger. It is water cooled and oil cooled. It says it fits up to a 2.7L 4 cylinder. Would this still work?Compressor housing A/R .42
Exhaust housing A/R .48
Compressor inducer 42 mm
Compressor exducer 60 mm
Exhaust turbine diameter 48 mm . The third turbocharger is a T3 turbocharger from an 86 MERKUR.It has an A/R of .48 (exhaust) and .63 (Compressor). The fourth is a PTE GT 32 Turbo.GT32 has a 52mm compressor wheel that has a 2.123" inducer ans 3.000" exducer (52 trim). It comes with a T04E compressor cover with a 3-inch inlet and 2-inch outlet. Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Nick

From what little I've learn along the way (I haven't done it...yet), less is more. 22lbs would never be anything close to what we'd use so that excluds the first one. Honestly, I've started looking at motorcycle turbos. They are physically smaller and their boost seems more than sufficient.

A T03 would be ideal for that engine up to about 5k. The Mitsu one would probably be good. 22psi would be under ideal conditions on a 2.2l four banger. It would seem to be the same size as a Garret T04, which would be good for about 7k at 12psi on your engine.
To find the correct turbo, check this site out:
http://www.turbofast.com.au/TFmatch.html
Enter in the engine size (in cc's), the expected max rpm, and how many pounds of boost you want. I would keep it under 12, unless you are racing or like detonating the engine.

Back