Whats a set of 200 Rods/ACL Pistons Run?

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Hi Guys!

I recently picked up an 84 250xflow that came with these brand new ACL .040" pistons and rings/bearings with 200 long rods. I'd like to sell them since i plan on going with a supercharger and will be using forged 300 rods/forged pistons.

Whats something like this worth? I'm up near Seattle
20240102_211041.jpgACL Pistons and Rods.jpg

Answered on FB about 30 minutes ago. IMO use them, run high CR with propane and boost. We,ve been over this. BTW these are NOT steel strutted, so they must be high silicon hypereutectic pistons, these are excellent quality and would be entirely suitable with boost unless you want to go really high MAP, and give it wellie all the time. These are too rare to give away. ACL is long gone. The rods are just as good as the 300 truck rod, just longer. consider!

These 6MKRY9412 - have a 8.6cc dish with 200 rods per member Addo post.

Answered on FB about 30 minutes ago. IMO use them, run high CR with propane and boost. We,ve been over this. BTW these are NOT steel strutted, so they must be high silicon hypereutectic pistons, these are excellent quality and would be entirely suitable with boost unless you want to go really high MAP, and give it wellie all the time. These are too rare to give away. ACL is long gone. The rods are just as good as the 300 truck rod, just longer. consider!
I thought that was you. So according to ACL's site description for these, it says not to use them with boost. Pmuller9 also agrees that I need to go with the Molnar 300 rods and forged pistons. He's actually the one that got me on to them

I would truely love to keep them since that would save me a lot of money, but I don't want something that will end up melting. I plan to run at least 14psi on the twin screw. The plan is 400-500hp and I don't think this setup is gonna withstand that.

I did forget to ask you, was the motor .040 over or was that just the pistons you could get ahold of?
The .040 ACLs were the only ones I could get at the time.
I don't know what the motor is; could be stock size. Check the top of the pistons to see if there is any oversize markings.

I thought that was you. So according to ACL's site description for these, it says not to use them with boost. Pmuller9 also agrees that I need to go with the Molnar 300 rods and forged pistons. He's actually the one that got me on to them

I would truely love to keep them since that would save me a lot of money, but I don't want something that will end up melting. I plan to run at least 14psi on the twin screw. The plan is 400-500hp and I don't think this setup is gonna withstand that.
First off 14psi will not give 400-500bhp, you will need much more that that to get that level of BMEP, probably something in the order of 30psi. So, that is going to be a problem with cast pistons, mind you the barra guys get to that level with stock parts. From my own experience with stock stuff, either I've been exceedingly lucky or the stock parts are better than you think, but I use all stock bits (old ones at that) and have had no problems so far. i dont have anything like that level of power and i dont race it. 400-500bhp in an early falcon is going to be a handfull on the road, I would moderate your desires a bit. 500bhp Barras in the BA falcons are bloody fast and they are 1650kg, you will be 500kg lighter than that. The old addage that "power costs money, how fast do you want to go" stll applies, 500bhp doesnt come cheap.
Thought needed.

First off 14psi will not give 400-500bhp, you will need much more that that to get that level of BMEP, probably something in the order of 30psi. So, that is going to be a problem with cast pistons, mind you the barra guys get to that level with stock parts. From my own experience with stock stuff, either I've been exceedingly lucky or the stock parts are better than you think, but I use all stock bits (old ones at that) and have had no problems so far. i dont have anything like that level of power and i dont race it. 400-500bhp in an early falcon is going to be a handfull on the road, I would moderate your desires a bit. 500bhp Barras in the BA falcons are bloody fast and they are 1650kg, you will be 500kg lighter than that. The old addage that "power costs money, how fast do you want to go" stll applies, 500bhp doesnt come cheap.
Thought needed.
I understand that. I expect about 350 at the wheels with 14psi. If I had more that'd be sick. 14 has just been the goal so far. We'll see where I am after that. If I am tickled pete with how it drives, I'll rock that. Just depends how it is. I would love for this to be as quick as my Coyote mustang. At this point I am ordering the 300 Molnar rods. I don't like taking chances on an engine that will cost me an arm and a leg to get another sent here which is why I am possibly overbuilding.

The .040 ACLs were the only ones I could get at the time.
I don't know what the motor is; could be stock size. Check the top of the pistons to see if there is any oversize markings.
I did go out and measure it, it is standard bore. SCORE! haha. That aluminum head is so nice to handle compared to the old log head haha

Back