What distributor with sniper?

Ikosix

Supporter 2021
So I have a 2300 Sniper setup I took off the V8 in my old ford when I yanked the motor.

I’d like to use it on a 300 In my bronco. I can’t seem to find a distributor that’s plug and play with sniper for a 300. I’ve read a duraspark can be made to work but haven’t found real good info. Ideas?

For info. I’m using an Aussie speed 2 barrel intake. The motor is from a 96 f150. I’m putting in a mild cam, reman cylinder head, new timing set.

Yes the DuraSpark II distributor can be used with the 2300 Sniper it's often used to trigger a MSD 6AL box as well as others. There is probably one other ignition system that I can think of its going to be a bit more pricey though.

I'm working on modifying the Holley distributor 565-315 designed for the "small" Ford sixes to work with my "big" Ford 240 six.

So far, it looks like this list is what is needed:

* Longer oil pump drive shaft.
* 1/2" id spacer ~0.400 long to space the old gear properly. This is what keeps the distributor shaft down so the rotor doesn't hit the cap.
*Drill a new hole in the new distributor shaft for the roll pin to fix the old gear.
*1.4" od, 1.3" id spacer to bush out the new distributor to the larger case hole. I plan to install this with a heat it up and shrink it on technique
* Come up with some way to do an o-ring seal.

One question: does the distributor in the "small" Ford sixes rotate the same direction as the "big" Ford sixes?

It should be an adventure!

Wow I’d like to hear how it turns out. Keep us posted please.

UPDATE: I ended up using a Ford EFI distributor, Details here:

Last edited:
Back