Two Dodge 4-cyl turbos

A

Anonymous

Seems i've acquired a pair of turbos from late-'80s dodge 4-banger passenger cars. what sort of approximate build on a 300 could be done with 'em? (i can get more info as needed, just ask for it)
Thanks
Ern

I also have a lead on a turbo from a dodge shadow csxt it hasn't been used and i know it is a garrett maybe a t25! I also have a lead on a t04e i think? Has this forum come to a conclusion on what size turbo is the best?

Kstang":oxypy7fq said:
Has this forum come to a conclusion on what size turbo is the best?

For what purpose? On what engine? A stock 300 setup to towwould use one setup, a hot street truck would use another and a full race yet a third.

true i see your point. i just re-read his post and noticed that it was for a 300, i have a 200. I don't want to steal his post so i will post a new topic later.

BUMP

any ideas of what to do (what can be done?) with a 300BB6 and two doge 2.3 turbos?

StrangeRanger":34wvl9m2 said:
For what purpose? On what engine? A stock 300 setup to towwould use one setup, a hot street truck would use another and a full race yet a third.
You need to answer this question as well.

-=Whittey=-

I'm talking about hypotheticals here. what sort of engine build would these best suit? I'm thinking they'd be a bit 'big' for low-rpm usage as a pair. I would like to know if anyone on the board could put forth an 'idealised' setup for something like this. Just something general, i don't need part numbers.
thanks
Ern

8.0:1 compression, forged crank, large throttle body, fully ported head with SBC valves, forged pistons, shot-peened rods, and a fully balanced rotating assembly for starters.

ok. did some digging on the junker/donor cars, they're Garret TO3's. I'm assuming that a pair of them would require something pretty hot, about like that little orange car of Dynoman's
Am I terribly far off with that assumption? Seems the pair would like to support somethign on the order of 400hp...

I'm thinking the head will definately be opened up, a hydraulic roller cam of some sort, custom intake and probably custom computer...

any thoughts from the board?
Ern

On a 300 I would fit a T04 or a pair of T03
I had twin T25 on a mitsu 2.6 and it spooled up at 1800 rpm but only had a strong pull to about 4500rpm
So I changed them for a T04 laggy upto 3000rpm then WHAMO all the way to redline (6800rpm)

I had a 1.00 fitted to the T04 and 0.48 on the T25's
I also had a t04 on my 250 that had a .70 comp cover and a 1.00 exhaust and it worked very well, So I think a T04 with a 1.15 rear would work good on a 300ci

Back