Twin turbo 300

Well howards has two different part numbers for the lifters. Maximum effort retro hyd roller lifters 91261. These are definitely the Gaterman lifters. They have material removed to lighten them.

A second is the street series 91169. These look taller....if the picture is right?

Well howards has two different part numbers for the lifters. Maximum effort retro hyd roller lifters 91261. These are definitely the Gaterman lifters. They have material removed to lighten them.

A second is the street series 91169. These look taller....if the picture is right?
I wouldn't go by pictures but I think you may be right. 91169 is 44g heavier and the seat height is taller, which suggests to me that they may be taller.

Ok I finally got a better job......I ordered the Howard's max effort lifters. They are on sale at summitracing for $577.99. I got the last set Jegs had plus the $50 off.😁 hopefully I can get the engine in the shop and see what the next hurdle will be.

I would look hard at the shorter retrofit rollers. One of the manufacturers should be able to provide some guidance or at least some drawings to compare. 🤷‍♂️

I would look hard at the shorter retrofit rollers. One of the manufacturers should be able to provide some guidance or at least some drawings to compare. 🤷‍♂️
That’s the beauty of ordering from Summit or Jegs, if they won’t work you can send them back for a full refund including the shipping cost of return.
Meanwhile you have the actual part to evaluate for form, fit and function.

Last edited:
They gave me the dimensions already. They are the gator roller lifters sold as Howard's. These are the shortest I have found. Not interested in the solid lifters. From what I can tell the link bars are about the same height. That looks like the problem....not the height of the lifter body.

Back