5K+
VIP
Subscriber
Supporter 2023
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
Hi. I have a turbocharger that I would like to use in a future 300 six project. I would like to find a compressor map for this turbo. Does anybody know where to obtain one on line? The person that I got it from said it was for a 400 ci engine but that it ran well on his 302 Ford with a draw-thru set up. I also got the 4V adaptors with it. It is a Rayjay which someone told me was now part of Turbonetics. Here are the specs on it:

Rayjay Model #: 301 E10
Serial #: 0044726
Part #: TC-126-99
Air Inlet: 2.75" I.D.
Air Outlet: 2.50" I.D.
Exh Inlet: 2.25" x 1.87" rectangular
Exh Outlet: 3.687" I.D.

Thanks for the help.

There's a plot for a 300E on pg. 33 of MacInnes' book. The map on pg. 152 of same is for a 300F and 301F. If the same logic applies to the E trim then maybe the 300E map works for the 301E?

Anyway, it's a place to start.

E-trim turbo sounds bang on. David Vizard described them in this vein in 1984:-

Common call names for the Rayjay , which are three bolt, not four bolt at the flange, but can be fitted to four-bolt manifolds with a Turbonetics adaptor are:-

B-Flow for 150-175 hp AR is about 0.40.
F-flow is 175 - 350 hp, perhaps 400 hp tops
E-flow is a 400 plus machine.

When the turbo bug bits it bites....h-a-r-d!

xecute":okxxdokw said:
B-Flow for 150-175 hp AR is about 0.40.
F-flow is 175 - 350 hp, perhaps 400 hp tops
E-flow is a 400 plus machine.
I hate quotes like that... It doesn't tell you anything about the turbo at all. Is that breathing 100cfm at a boatload of boost or is that 500cfm with just a bit of boost? Is it somewhere in between? Where is the surge line? What efficiency is that at?

It's the same reason I hate the "which turbo should I use" calculator at Ray Halls. Ever actually look up their recomendations? At redline 90% of the time (i've looked for a slew of different engines just for shâ„¢ts and giggles) it's down past the 60% efficiency island. Just where i'd want to be :roll: :unsure:

-=Whittey=-

SR,
Thanks. I have MacInnes' book somewhere - I will dig it out and check it out.

82F100,
Thanks - I will give them a call too.

Whittey,
It sounds like Hall likes to over turbo.
I won't build with this turbo if I can't get 600+ HP from it. It's a pretty honkin' big turbo...

Xecute,
This turbo HAS a four bolt rectangular mounting flange. So far the turbo bug is just nibbling on me - I am in the parts collecting mode now.

I will take a couple of photos and post.

Thanks for all your help.

FTF-

Sounds like a Diesel turbo; The turbine A/R is probably way too big, which would require even more rpm to get it going (unless you want it for a high rpm band setup...uh- I guess you do, eh?). The turbine sizing, etc will depend on the rest of the car / rail. Where do you want it to come in at, converter setup, clutch delay/style, etc.

That compressor map looks like it's geared more torward a constant speed engine, vice a street / strip setup (that and the relatively low 70% island down low). As always, since I haven't seen it (other than the specs you've given)- I could be wrong!!

Well, my converters stall around 5500 and I'm currently shifting between 68 and 7200 with N/A so I guess 5500 - 8000 would be where I'm interested in.

Back