turbo

A

Anonymous

what about adding turbo? I know that this 200 can take a beating I bought this car for $20 and it ran for 1 year after and when I got it the motor was rattleing so hardcore and shaking and knocking and pinging it was terrible everything was wrong with it.. and it still ran it actually only has a head gasket blown and it will still startup if I just replace that but im rebuilding it instead

It's possible their are a couple of guys here that have done a draw through and a blow through. The blow through is what I am planning on doing with multiple side-drafts and a full bonnet, if all that can be fabbed...by someone more skilled than me and willing to do it for what I can spend??? ThetrueSlayer directed me to a couple of places here that have done some amazing things with turbo's and those that are in the process..But when you turbo, if your going to boost it up past 8 to 10 lbs. you will have to put some money into the performance parts, balance and gauge the pressure along with the right a/f mixture...From what I have heard here it's a bit more tricky with carbs, vs. injection. Also, some suggest a good intercooling system, and of course more $$$$, basically, a lot of it depends on how much of that stuff you have.... what's that song...MONEY, MONEY, MONeY!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

There is for sure a lot of info...i really like the way the administraters have the forum set up right now...the turbo stuff has almost its own little section and there's lots of info...u will need to modify the carb to handle the boost so the float doesnt crumple...also an electric fuel pump...personally i would get some roller rockers and an MSD ignition system with boost retard...it retards the timing by how much u set it for when u go under boost...it would require some fiddling with..not sure if any of the turbo guys here use them...i have never done turbo but hope to some day...first thing i'm gonna do though is modify my head...2bbl or 2x1bbl and polish and port, as well as put on some roller rockers...figgure it'll cost me around 1,000 bucks cdn to do it since most will be done by me...then when thats done i'll consider going turbo...unless Mike has some coated pistons, lol..then i'm buying those....Then i will definitely not fear turbo and possibly Nox at the same time lol...but i think i'm just dreaming right now...got the body to think about right now :cry: ...well..have fun.

Back